Week 8 -- D-B at Farragut (Region 1-6A battle for first)

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, BatmanDB said:

Ha,not long ago you said that tough Farragut schedule with DB being the third straight tough game would be to DB's advantage.It's Farragut's unless they have several key injuries.I could probably coach a win over one or two of those teams with a stick and box of sand.

And it still could be, who among us in the Tri has seen Farragut play this year?    We just make guesses on the T.       But after seeing how Farragut waxed Science Hill you have to wonder if they might be able to play with DB after all..

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

And it still could be, who among us in the Tri has seen Farragut play this year?    We just make guesses on the T.       But after seeing how Farragut waxed Science Hill you have to wonder if they might be able to play with DB after all..

Farragut is always a team for most to circle on the calendar. If I'm not mistaken they won the 5A state championship in 2016 and have lost in the playoffs every year to Maryville since then in 6A.

Edited by BatmanDB

48 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Farragut is always a team for most to circle on the calendar. If I'm not mistaken they won the 5A state championship in 2016 and have lost in the playoffs every year to Maryville since then in 6A.

On the other side of the coin, they could be emotionally exhausted after Maryville and Science Hill back to back even though they won yesterday.     This has all the makings of a good one, but I think at this point I would have to give the edge to the Tribe.

19 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

On the other side of the coin, they could be emotionally exhausted after Maryville and Science Hill back to back even though they won yesterday.     This has all the makings of a good one, but I think at this point I would have to give the edge to the Tribe.

No question that DB is capable of getting it done against Farragut.If however the players walk around patting themselves on the back because some folks rank them in the top five of the state and somebody I think gave them a number one vote ? Then a real awakening will happen fast . It doesn't have to be Maryville or Oakland .My goodness,JC proved anything is possible if you play poor enough.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:19 PM, DBGRAD70 said:

I just don't see DB winning this one. Too many freaking mistakes.  But I do think they're more likely to come ready to  play. 

Farragut by 16. Just maybe I'm wrong.

You can make a bunch of mistakes against teams like Jefferson Co. and Harden Valley and still keep them out of the end zone, Obviously. Farragut is a different story. I'm guessing DB gives up around 100 yrds. in penalties and that most likely will lead to a couple TD's for Farragut. Baiting DB into personal fouls is like taking candy from a baby. 

Great points about baiting players into penalties.Reminded me of a game many years ago. At Unicoi county, my " Greene" Devil baseball team had some bad blood during the spring and then we played  football that next fall,so a few of us were already fired up..After I made a tackle and we were getting up ,one of their players found a way to bite me,still makes me mad to think about it. I thought I handled it pretty well.Then however,another player spit in my face.I'm not going to say I didn't do a few things later in the game after the coaches let me go back in,but Batman found a way not to get a 15 yard personal foul.... Play hard but play smart.Had to edit,forgot Unicoi was also Devils,Blue.

Edited by BatmanDB

3 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Got my tickets online last night from the link that Farragut posted on Twitter.  Then saw this morning that D-B posted that they're selling 250 tickets at the office today and tomorrow.

Hoping Farragut will honor my purchase since I apparently bought their tickets.

I’m sure your tickets will be just fine. I can’t imagine why anyone would have any issues. 

• Thanks 1

These 2 teams have played way different schedules, DB's has been pretty light and Farragut's has been way heavy.     Who does that prepare best for this meeting?         Don't forget Farragut has just played Maryville and Science Hill back to back and now they have DB with no break.    But does that make Farragut much tougher, or are they drained by this point?

DB                     23
FARRAGUT       14