CENTRAL ON UPSET ALERT???

dawgs82

14 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Would it really be an upset?  Carter has played some good football this year for the first time in a LONG time.  

I think given their current records and rankings, it would be considered an upset. It most likely will be for a home playoff game. I've seen Carter twice this season and they are much improved, QB can sling it!

On 10/6/2020 at 9:06 PM, BigTime1950 said:

Cummings really wants to be back at West but he took the money and run to what he thought would be a great job. Did not get the job done and came running back to Knoxville. He claimed he stayed at West when everybody had said it was a dead end and his loyalty to Bill Wilson and old marbel city finally paid off when Dr. Murphy and Karen Carson got the school zones moved into and past BHS (to get back the old Sequoyah Hills back and add the Northshore and New Rocky Hill people) and added the IB program to bring back West from the grave. He showed his loyalty by bolting to a sure thing in Cleveland. Better feeder system, better facilities, better schedule for HC, hire your own assistant coaches and a better tradition. Coach Cummings should have checked his football history of Cleveland high school post Benny Monroe. If he would have he would have seen that no HC has lasted more than 3-4 years at Cleveland after Benny Monroe retired and took all of his state championships with him. Just shows if you don't study your history you are bound to make the same mistake as the 4 or 5 coaches before you. I do think Cummings would really like to have a different football HC job in Knox County but he really likes Beardens new field house.

Wow.  Brutal.  some hard feelings there?

What happened to Craney was a great hire and Central won't skip a beat?  Sounds like a real mess at Central right now. 

Edited by oridgecat
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Wow.  Brutal.  some hard feelings there?

What happened to Craney was a great hire and Central won't skip a beat?  Sounds like a real mess at Central right now. 

Well if you don't learn from history or become aware of history you are bound to make the same mistakes the people before you made. Cleveland is a hard place to succeed. If you look back at the last few decades either Cleveland is better than Bradley Central or it's the other way around. Plus Walker Valley did not exist when Cleveland was at their best. Plus thee is a very rich booster named Jones you have to please down there and l have heard he is hard to please. As far as the situation with the football history at West, just look at their football records and compare them to before and after rezoning/IB  and l think that will tell you the story. There is an old saying, grow where you are planted, but these days everyone seems to go where it helps them as an individual rather than their team/community.

2 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Agreed on officials! What happened on the 4th down catch?

Central was up 7-6 late in the 3rd, faced a 4th and 5 at the Carter 26. QB throws a perfect ball that is high-pointed and caught by the WR along the sideline at 1 yard line, but the defensive back makes an incredible play and immediately punches the ball out as the WR lands (falling across the goal line). Official rules that it was a catch (and a TD), but it looked like an incompletion in real time (and after seeing the replay). The official even flagged the defensive back for unsportsmanlike conduct after he ruled it a TD. After the PAT, the Carter HC goes ballistic on the referee. I can't believe he didn't get tossed for his reaction.

Check it out on Diamondclearmedia.com (1:41:44 mark). It was a bang-bang play, but it certainly didn't look like a catch. Kudos to Central though, their defense played extremely well. Outside of Fortner in the wildcat, they just don't have much on offense right now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, osunut2 said:

Central was up 7-6 late in the 3rd, faced a 4th and 5 at the Carter 26. QB throws a perfect ball that is high-pointed and caught by the WR along the sideline at 1 yard line, but the defensive back makes an incredible play and immediately punches the ball out as the WR lands (falling across the goal line). Official rules that it was a catch (and a TD), but it looked like an incompletion in real time (and after seeing the replay). The official even flagged the defensive back for unsportsmanlike conduct after he ruled it a TD. After the PAT, the Carter HC goes ballistic on the referee. I can't believe he didn't get tossed for his reaction.

Check it out on Diamondclearmedia.com (1:41:44 mark). It was a bang-bang play, but it certainly didn't look like a catch. Kudos to Central though, their defense played extremely well. Outside of Fortner in the wildcat, they just don't have much on offense right now.

The play is what it is, I’m definitely not saying it was correct call but imo neither was Jabar Gaffney’s. If I told everyone what the REAL issue was with our offense right now nobody would believe me....I’ll just leave it at that.