CENTRAL ON UPSET ALERT???

dawgs82

On 10/3/2020 at 6:55 PM, madhatter2269 said:

im afraid central is in trouble. carter has a good qb. this seems like a trap game

You are right Central is in trouble. They will probably beat Carter but they are headed for a crash. Week of practice before the Powell game there was a big blow up between the HC and assistant coaches and one coach was told to leave by HC or they left on their own. Players are talking about transferring, not finishing the year and just wait for college football career, or just hoping the HC gets fired. Some tough situations going on over at Central right now and the principal is at odds with the HC and some hoping he does not come back next year.

7 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

You are right Central is in trouble. They will probably beat Carter but they are headed for a crash. Week of practice before the Powell game there was a big blow up between the HC and assistant coaches and one coach was told to leave by HC or they left on their own. Players are talking about transferring, not finishing the year and just wait for college football career, or just hoping the HC gets fired. Some tough situations going on over at Central right now and the principal is at odds with the HC and some hoping he does not come back next year.

Interesting, BT. I'd heard some rumblings, but I wasn't going to post about it until I'd heard someone confirm that chatter. Sad to hear, if true.

12 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

this is hard to believe 

3 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I’m not gonna confirm, NOR will I not confirm anything that has been said on the above statements. Only thing I will say is this, this game Vs Carter has ALOT more implications on it than anyone could believe Friday...

Glad to see you back! Haven’t seen ya in awhile.

i think at this point, around this area anyway, there is a lot of truth in those statements above. I’m not sure of ALL the details however. As always, where there is smoke, fire is soon to follow.

On 10/3/2020 at 11:26 AM, dawgs82 said:

Central goes to Carter this Friday night. Will not have played in 3 weeks by game time. Carter is 4-2, lost to 6-0 Rhea Co. in OT, gave South Doyle a very good game in their two loses. Is Central ready to move on from the Powell game and get things corrected? 

Would it really be an upset?  Carter has played some good football this year for the first time in a LONG time.  

15 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

So Central loses one game, and everyone freaks out?  Interesting if true.  If this is true, it has to be more about off field situations, than on field.  Cause Central has been winning games and playing decent.  One loss shouldn't implode a team unless there are coaches on the Central team that felt they should of got the the head coaching job?  Either way it sounds like a bad situation.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I wonder if a certain coach at Halls will head over to Central to become the head guy if Central gets rid of their current head coach.

Cummings really wants to be back at West but he took the money and run to what he thought would be a great job. Did not get the job done and came running back to Knoxville. He claimed he stayed at West when everybody had said it was a dead end and his loyalty to Bill Wilson and old marbel city finally paid off when Dr. Murphy and Karen Carson got the school zones moved into and past BHS (to get back the old Sequoyah Hills back and add the Northshore and New Rocky Hill people) and added the IB program to bring back West from the grave. He showed his loyalty by bolting to a sure thing in Cleveland. Better feeder system, better facilities, better schedule for HC, hire your own assistant coaches and a better tradition. Coach Cummings should have checked his football history of Cleveland high school post Benny Monroe. If he would have he would have seen that no HC has lasted more than 3-4 years at Cleveland after Benny Monroe retired and took all of his state championships with him. Just shows if you don't study your history you are bound to make the same mistake as the 4 or 5 coaches before you. I do think Cummings would really like to have a different football HC job in Knox County but he really likes Beardens new field house.

• Like 1