Copper Basin @ McMinn Central

TheCommander

Our backup Qb which is our middle linebacker as well was on fire in the first half until he got banged up and then we had to play one of our receivers at qb with very little reps even in practice at qb! I hate to use the officiating as an excuse because we definitely didn’t play our best but that was some of the worst officiating I’ve ever seen!

20 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

Our backup Qb which is our middle linebacker as well was on fire in the first half until he got banged up and then we had to play one of our receivers at qb with very little reps even in practice at qb! I hate to use the officiating as an excuse because we definitely didn’t play our best but that was some of the worst officiating I’ve ever seen!

whine - Liberal Dictionary

4 minutes ago, powerp said:

I hate the qb went down for season. I think this means every region team except SP will get swept in first round. I thought CB could make it possibly to third round before.

I hate it as well, a very good talent! But like I’ve said before our back up would start on most football team’s, he’s a very good quarterback. He played very well until he had to exit the game from qb with an injury. I think we win by one score if he stays in, but things happen! On the playoff topic, I wouldn’t count the Cougars out from making the third round just yet!

Discipline and Turnovers cost the Cougars who WERE #2 in the State...

Central had their fair share of drive killing penalties. 15 only put 7 up in 1st half. Maybe 14 in 2nd if healthy. Central missed a fg, plus started slowing down and running clock in 4th. Took knees on a scoring drive as well bc they have some class. I feel like these posts are an extension of the coaching staff or players that talked crap and complained all night. The screaming at the coaches after the game was excellent. I know it's heated and they are upset but come on. "Y'all cheated!" isn't a good look. They might be right in saying Central won't win another ballgame this season and "good luck in playoffs" may be a perfect response to getting your tell whipped. I just think this was classic underestimate the opponent and get caught with your pants down just like Central did with Tellico earlier in the year. It's embarrassing but you can lose with some dignity. When 4 starters were chilling on pregame markups and just watching Central run through plays instead of warming up with their team? It didn't surprise me at all. Also, might want to tell kids and coaches to stay off Twitter especially before games. Kids and coaches promised some pancakes? Where are they? I'm hungry. Guess Central ate them all. Anyway, I digress. Basin is good and probably even better with 13. Tonight they were out matched, out played, out physicaled and our coached.  It happens. I HATE it for 13. They would have given SP a game this season. 

I counted 12 penalties though. All of the penalties were very objective. 

3 Offsides 

2 false starts 

1 blatant block in the back 

1 holding call (didn't see this one but they missed several) 

1 running into kicker (again obvious)

1 Tripping 

1 Defensive Cut on a FB (Frustration penalty bc 56 was getting whipped by 26) 

1 Delay of game 

1 unsportsmanlike on Grabowski (Frustration bc they thought this would be an easy W) 

21 minutes ago, gecko said:

Discipline and Turnovers cost the Cougars who WERE #2 in the State...

Central had their fair share of drive killing penalties. 15 only put 7 up in 1st half. Maybe 14 in 2nd if healthy. Central missed a fg, plus started slowing down and running clock in 4th. Took knees on a scoring drive as well bc they have some class. I feel like these posts are an extension of the coaching staff or players that talked crap and complained all night. The screaming at the coaches after the game was excellent. I know it's heated and they are upset but come on. "Y'all cheated!" isn't a good look. They might be right in saying Central won't win another ballgame this season and "good luck in playoffs" may be a perfect response to getting your tell whipped. I just think this was classic underestimate the opponent and get caught with your pants down just like Central did with Tellico earlier in the year. It's embarrassing but you can lose with some dignity. When 4 starters were chilling on pregame markups and just watching Central run through plays instead of warming up with their team? It didn't surprise me at all. Also, might want to tell kids and coaches to stay off Twitter especially before games. Kids and coaches promised some pancakes? Where are they? I'm hungry. Guess Central ate them all. Anyway, I digress. Basin is good and probably even better with 13. Tonight they were out matched, out played, out physicaled and our coached.  It happens. I HATE it for 13. They would have given SP a game this season. 

I counted 12 penalties though. All of the penalties were very objective. 

3 Offsides 

2 false starts 

1 blatant block in the back 

1 holding call (didn't see this one but they missed several) 

1 running into kicker (again obvious)

1 Tripping 

1 Defensive Cut on a FB (Frustration penalty bc 56 was getting whipped by 26) 

1 Delay of game 

1 unsportsmanlike on Grabowski (Frustration bc they thought this would be an easy W) 

Sounds like you’re an extension of the coach staff their bud! Never said y’all cheated or even knew that was said, but the officiating was absolutely ridiculous! I would’ve said that if we would’ve some how pulled the win out! I know the post you are talking about and that kid is better than any offensive lineman that Central has!

Edited by TheCommander