Davidson Academy at USJ

Bellsburg2

2 hours ago, tradertwo said:

It'll (the offense) be mixed up, but the rain never stopped Browder from throwing the ball. Turf may or may not change what's effective, but the receiver knows where he's going and the DB's do not.

That is fact. I have Never bought into the rain hinders the passing game. You are correct. The receiver knows what route he is running and the D back is trying to react. Browder will expose that. Seen it before from him at other schools 

The timing of the forecast has pushed back a little, now calling for light rain and showers in the afternoon and through midnight. As long as its not a frog strangler like last year, I am ok with that. I've been swimming before and gotten less wet than I did watching that game!

Even though both teams probably pass the ball more than last year, they are both still run-first teams and I don't think that will change Friday night. This won't be a barn-burner with 2 stout defenses, but I do expect some points to be scored. Sonny Moore predicts Davidson -4 on the road and The Tennessean predicts DA 28, USJ 17.

Did not expect this performance from DA.  I thought Quinn would keep it mostly conservative.  It wasn’t looking good for us at the beginning of the game.  #24 for USJ was a huge loss.  Hope he is okay.  
Swinea was his old self again.  Was mostly impressed with Vetetoe.  This kid actually opted out of football last year to focus on his baseball (committed to MTSU).  He was a difference maker tonight.  
Good luck to USJ the rest of the year.  We’ve got Jackson Christian later in the year.   

Bruins came out swinging and looked to have a good game plan early, but a couple of tough breaks shifted the momentum and DA never looked back. USJ offense just could not find a rhythm after the first quarter. Swinea was exactly what we thought he was and really worked over our banged-up LBs as the game went on. I thought Vetetoe had his best outing of the year tonight, punishing USJ with his legs and his arm in a creative and balanced attack.

Good luck to the Bears over the coming weeks. Hopefully the Bruins will get some favorable injury reports and regroup to finish strong down the home stretch.

DA is legit. It sure looks like they are head and shoulders above the rest of the division this year. This team would be in the mix in DII-AA. 

USJ had the right game plan. Throw some different looks at them and try to take a quick lead. The injury to #24 took the wind out of their sails and they couldn't quite capitalize on a couple other opportunities. Realistically, they needed to put up 17-21 points at the start but got 9.

We knew about DA's running game and the extra element with the passing attack this year, but I was mega impressed with DA's defense. It looked like they were doing college level stuff with their blitzes and coverages. What a well-coached team with great talent out there executing. Even though we were on the wrong end, you still have to appreciate excellence when you see it.

One takeaway for USJ here, I thought they got a bit demoralized when #24 got hurt and the momentum turned. Heads down and shoulders slumped, that sort of thing. Not every game will always go your way but you've always got to give it your full fight til the final buzzer. I'd bet Coach Stroup noticed that too and will make a point of it. That's one of those life lessons that comes in handy later on.

Congrats to DA on an excellent team!

Edited by Kublah