Bulldogs to Rebel Hill.

pujo

Not sure where to start, so I am just going to let it flow.  I may not be liked anymore after my comments, but I can live with that.  I mean no disrespect to anyone, and I love you all.  

Starting with the Refs & penalties -  The refs missed a few calls and also questionable calls for both; it was a wash and balanced out on both sides and I did not favor either team.  I watched the game Friday night after the Greeneville game, and then again yesterday.  I could name the calls, the qtr, and the time of the calls, but none of them is what WON or LOST this game. Refereeing is not as easy it sounds and looks. In most case I am thankful we have them.  However, there have been a few times I wanted to come off the sideline & the stands due to a bad call or a no call for something that was clearly obvious.  Being on the field vs the stands or watching on a screen, everyone is going to see a different view.  You have 22 players on the field and 5 to 7 Refs so it's gotta be a challenge, and to see every little thing is nearly impossible and there is always going to be a call that someone is not going to agree with. 

The Game - What an awesome game.  I remember about 20 or So some pages back in this topic I had said special teams would play an important roll in this game and boy did it.  The kickoff return for 6 by SG did indeed help, but overall South Greene is the better team and that's why they Won. Don't get me wrong, Hampton is a great football team and whoever plays them in the playoffs is going to have their hands full. 

Hampton -  Oline big and QB can run the ball.  Impressed with #4, 23, & 24.  Defense is good,  Overall a solid team and very well coached.  Achilles hill - too one dimensional on offense; on defense the pass rush and coverage.   Moving forward- You have the coaching, talent and toughness.  Speed may be a factor?? In order for this team to make it to the semis or further they will need to be more balanced on the offense, and pass rush/coverage will need to improve and have almost flawless play.

South Greene - Balanced on the offense .  Defense is good.  Overall a solid scrappy team. Coaching is better and you can tell this is a tight knit team.  There's something that stands out about this SG team and it is a silent confidence.  The coaching staff never panicked and neither did the players.  Coach Jones-I love the emotion he showed after the game in the TV post interview.  You can tell he loves SG and his players and he knows they has something special going with this team.  I believe the sky is the limit for this team, but they must stay focused on the task at hand and that is the next team up.  This is a young and talented team and their going to continue to get better and stronger. The naysayers, sceptics I know will man-up when the time comes and it will come.  

I hope everyone has blessed week.

Edited by Romansfive8

9 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

Not sure where to start, so I am just going to let it flow.  I may not be liked anymore after my comments, but I can live with that.  I mean no disrespect to anyone, and I love you all.  

Starting with the Refs & penalties -  The refs missed a few calls and also questionable calls for both; it was a wash and balanced out on both sides and I did not favor either team.  I watched the game Friday night after the Greeneville game, and then again yesterday.  I could name the calls, the qtr, and the time of the calls, but none of them is what WON or LOST this game. Refereeing is not as easy it sounds and looks. In most case I am thankful we have them.  However, there have been a few times I wanted to come off the sideline & the stands due to a bad call or a no call for something that was clearly obvious.  Being on the field vs the stands or watching on a screen, everyone is going to see a different view.  You have 22 players on the field and 5 to 7 Refs so it's gotta be a challenge, and to see every little thing is nearly impossible and there is always going to be a call that someone is not going to agree with. 

The Game - What an awesome game.  I remember about 20 or So some pages back in this topic I had said special teams would play an important roll in this game and boy did it.  The kickoff return for 6 by SG did indeed help, but overall South Greene is the better team and that's why they Won. Don't get me wrong, Hampton is a great football team and whoever plays them in the playoffs is going to have their hands full. 

Hampton -  Oline big and QB can run the ball.  Impressed with #4, 23, & 24.  Defense is good,  Overall a solid team and very well coached.  Achilles hill - too one dimensional on offense; on defense the pass rush and coverage.   Moving forward- You have the coaching, talent and toughness.  Speed may be a factor?? In order for this team to make it to the semis or further they will need to be more balanced on the offense, and pass rush/coverage will need to improve and have almost flawless play.

South Greene - Balanced on the offense .  Defense is good.  Overall a solid scrappy team. Coaching is better and you can tell this is tight knit team.  There's something that stands out about this SG team and it is a silent confidence.  The coaching staff never panicked and neither did the players.  Coach Jones-I love the emotion he showed after the game in the TV post interview.  You can tell he loves SG and his players and he knows they has something special going with this team.  I believe the sky is the limit for this team, but they must stay focused on the task at hand and that is the next team up.  This is a young and talented team and their going to continue to get better and stronger. The naysayers, sceptics I know will man-up when the time comes and it will come.  

:ph34r: is GCFB gone? No reason anyone should be upset over that post! May agree or disagree, but good post. We've posted for some time now and many times didn't see eye to eye but always good dialogue...Unlike some Lol!

Please reply so "some" won't say I always get the last word :roflol:

5 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

:ph34r: is GCFB gone? No reason anyone should be upset over that post! May agree or disagree, but good post. We've posted for some time now and many times didn't see eye to eye but always good dialogue...Unlike some Lol!

Please reply so "some" won't say I always get the last word :roflol:

Word. 

1 hour ago, Romansfive8 said:

South Greene - Balanced on the offense .  Defense is good.  Overall a solid scrappy team. Coaching is better and you can tell this is tight knit team.  There's something that stands out about this SG team and it is a silent confidence.  The coaching staff never panicked and neither did the players.  Coach Jones-I love the emotion he showed after the game in the TV post interview.  You can tell he loves SG and his players and he knows they has something special going with this team.  I believe the sky is the limit for this team, but they must stay focused on the task at hand and that is the next team up.  This is a young and talented team and their going to continue to get better and stronger. The naysayers, sceptics I know will man-up when the time comes and it will come.  

Hampton isn't one dimensional. For some reason,  they were conservative with the plays. Conor can throw the football.