Gallatin vs Hendersonville

mondo44

8 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

After 30 years of coaching I know without a doubt that it ALWAYS comes down to Jimmys and Joes. You can coach up less talented kids and be competitive but Jimmys and Joes win championships.

We’re not talking about championships here, we’re talking about a 9-1 team last year that’s going to finish 4-6. They don’t have the players this year to win a championship, but they do have the athletes to be competitive. 46-0 isn’t all on Jimmy or Joe. 

3 minutes ago, eers said:

We’re not talking about championships here, we’re talking about a 9-1 team last year that’s going to finish 4-6. They don’t have the players this year to win a championship, but they do have the athletes to be competitive. 46-0 isn’t all on Jimmy or Joe. 

Oh I agree. However, looking back at last year, what you are forgetting is the part I said about coaching up a decent team to be competitive. It was thinly veiled, but the point was there.

I have seen a lot of really average to poor coaches be made to look good simply because of Jimmys and Joes. When they don't have them they get exposed.

28 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

After 30 years of coaching I know without a doubt that it ALWAYS comes down to Jimmys and Joes. You can coach up less talented kids and be competitive but Jimmys and Joes win championships.

Careful this very statement got me a lot of grief.   Apparently coaching is more important than players in some minds.  

But unless I am wrong isn't Gallatin still going to be the 2 seed which is not all bad in a what you all say is a down year

48 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Careful this very statement got me a lot of grief.   Apparently coaching is more important than players in some minds.  

But unless I am wrong isn't Gallatin still going to be the 2 seed which is not all bad in a what you all say is a down year

They aren’t down, they’re bad. They will finish 4-6, have zero wins against a quality opponent and end the season beating Glencliff by 60 points so many will think “it’s not that bad”. And they’re only the two seed because they haven’t played their region schedule. They are at best the third best team and possibly fourth, behind Hillwood. 

1 hour ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

2nd seed WOW...That’s ridiculous 

42 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

Ridiculous maybe, but those were the new rules, and back when they were written the entire state of Tennessee high school football fan base was just happy that we were even playing football, at all.  I'm not the biggest TSSAA fan, but they did the best they could with the hand dealt.

My question is are y’all happy with that wave?

9 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Depends on what a person’s expectations are.