Kingsport vs Johnson City!!!..Or EASTMAN vs ETSU!!

46 minutes ago, timcraw said:

I doubt we give up many first downs. Science Hill will probably do most of their scoring on long plays. We couldnt defend a deep ball to save our life.

I’ve heard that from the DB faithful for a while now and you think they would teach these young men the proper technique.

Edited by lawnman

1 hour ago, timcraw said:

Its insane to me that TURNING YOUR HEAD TO LOOK AT THE BALL is a problem that has taken 3+ years in counting to fix..

I must say, it’s been a hot minute since I have played, but I always believed playing defensive back, has to be one of the hardest positions to play outside of OL. I just think for whatever reason historically we don’t have guys that cover well. I said the other day, at this point it isn’t coaching. We’ve established that the coaches we have are qualified and have experience. We just don’t have the dudes back there. I wish guys like Malik and DBO could have been coached by Teddy, that would have been fun to see. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

I must say, it’s been a hot minute since I have played, but I always believed playing defensive back, has to be one of the hardest positions to play outside of OL. I just think for whatever reason historically we don’t have guys that cover well. I said the other day, at this point it isn’t coaching. We’ve established that the coaches we have are qualified and have experience. We just don’t have the dudes back there. I wish guys like Malik and DBO could have been coached by Teddy, that would have been fun to see. 

I think Cody Trent is a good DB. He's had trouble with injuries though that's really cut his playing time. Somehow they need to get him healthy and keep him healthy. He's a real difference maker back there.

6 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think Cody Trent is a good DB. He's had trouble with injuries though that's really cut his playing time. Somehow they need to get him healthy and keep him healthy. He's a real difference maker back there.

Honestly though when we are completely healthy the guys in the back end have got it done. Like you said Trent Cody was injured against Farragut, and Thomas Church at safety hasn’t been healthy since Oak Ridge so there have been a ton of young guys rolling in there it looks like. Hopefully we are back to full strength this week. From what I’m hearing we are

16 minutes ago, timcraw said:

Ohh. I thought it was WJHL. I figured someone would pick the Hill considering they have won 7 of last 8

I picked the Hill 45-41, not because they are a better team but because they have had DB's number the last few years.

Speaking of picking.....    after the game last week someone asked Guarantano to choose a number between 1 and 10, he said "okay, I pick six...."