Kingsport vs Johnson City!!!..Or EASTMAN vs ETSU!!

12 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Chuckey-Doak vs. Unicoi County is this week's game.  WCYB originally committed to this game when it was originally scheduled several weeks ago then got rescheduled, so they decided to keep their commitment for this week's rescheduling.  As for the Alcoa game, I believe WCYB will show it.  Last year, they showed the Greeneville/Powell Rivalry Thursday game using the Knoxville station's feed.  

WJHL Facebook normally streams the Science Hill home games I think...

Wcyb is covering Boone @Crockett game

2 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

The lil falcons name of the NFL Atlanta is another dumba*s name.And they always suck.Dont you agree batman!

I'll just say this for the poor falcon fans. Very questionable play calling at the end against New England cost them a superbowl three or four years ago.. Instead of trying to throw the ball,all they had to do was run and kick a field goal to still be up by three scores late in the game. I was for New England but knew just like the Seahawks game a couple years before,bad coaching for the other team lifted the Patriots.

4 hours ago, BatmanDB said:

I'll just say this for the poor falcon fans. Very questionable play calling at the end against New England cost them a superbowl three or four years ago.. Instead of trying to throw the ball,all they had to do was run and kick a field goal to still be up by three scores late in the game. I was for New England but knew just like the Seahawks game a couple years before,bad coaching for the other team lifted the Patriots.

How was your route today

On 10/16/2020 at 9:35 PM, DBturningitAROUND said:

I'm starting this to get things going. I do have a question. How did the Hilltoppers get thier name(Science Hill)?..No disrespect,But that is a dumb**s name. Just sayin

Apparently someone by the name of Fathima Shaikh thinks that "Indians" is a dumb**s name.

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Anybody know the status of Trent and Booker for this game?

I think Trent should be good. From what I heard he probably could have played last week, but given the opponent they figured the rest/recovery would help down the road. 

Haven’t heard anything on Booker though. 

14 minutes ago, DBKPT93 said:

I think Trent should be good. From what I heard he probably could have played last week, but given the opponent they figured the rest/recovery would help down the road. 

Haven’t heard anything on Booker though. 

They have both dressed for practice this week in green jerseys.  Cody has taken reps, Booker has not.  I think the staff is keeping expectation they will both see time this Friday.  Trainers working overtime!

Science Hill               45
Dobyns Bennett      41

Are the Toppers* really the better team?     I don't think so, but the last few years they seem to be living rent-free inside DB's head.    Throw the records out the window, this is for 6A supremacy in NET.   It's time for the contenders to stand tall and the pretenders to bow out.

(* Toppers will likely be one and done in the playoffs while DB makes it to round 3 before retiring)

• Sad 1

The name,  Science Hill, was undoubtedly derived from the location of the HS in downtown JC, abutted by a Methodist church and St. Mary's, and across the street from a vibrant, Sevier Hotel. What seemed like never-ending flights of steps led to one's first class at Science Hill. My father and uncle were graduates in the '20's.

Good luck (I've detested SH since '58)... Wore uniforms for both. At  DB's last Championship, 1964, SH was 4-4-2, and had talent, but no leadership or cohesion. Indians could not participate in Big 7 (6, or whatever), but defeated Greenville and Morristown, conference's best. On the other hand, Kingsport in '64 had 7 eventual D1 players and two other "small college" players of note on a 34-man "traveling squad."(There were only 100 D1 schools-I went to the smallest, 2,500 students). Ergo, talent and great team cohesion.

JC had a marvelous elementary school, tackle football program, 7 or 8 schools. I was one of 2 fourth graders;..in 6th, my school, Northside, was undefeated, coached by a former Washington Redskin, had 4 eventual- collegiant footballers, and beat an All-Star team from all the others, including a Catholic school on Thanksgiving evening in the current stadium. Coach Kermit Tipton coached the Hill Toppers. Coach Bill Jasper, DB,..the Indians of '57, '58, '59, ..were awesome. SH cheerleaders would come to elementary schools to marshall support (and hand out "free" $0.10 tickets--to no avail, games were lopsided, decided early). Steve Spurrier arrived the year I left for 3 years in Hickory, NC. Spurrier, of course, made life miserable for DB in multiple sports. His favorite receiver, Jimmy Sanders, was the quarterback of my elementary school team.

1. Don't let them change the mascot/name.

2. Beat Mary-vile.

3. Waste the Hill Toppers.

Edited by 64TNChamp
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Science Hill               45
Dobyns Bennett      41

Are the Toppers* really the better team?     I don't think so, but the last few years they seem to be living rent-free inside DB's head.    Throw the records out the window, this is for 6A supremacy in NET.   It's time for the contenders to stand tall and the pretenders to bow out.

(* Toppers will likely be one and done in the playoffs while DB makes it to round 3 before retiring)

Well Blazer,if SH puts 45 on DB,then they are red hot at the right time.