Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Powell

CardinalGrey

35 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I think this game will be closer than expected. The way we ran the ball on MJ tonight, we can definitely run it on Powell. We’re gonna have to control the ball to keep their great offense off the field. I expect us to give them a tough competitive game.

The OR defense is no slouch.....it is tough. I'll be shocked if Powell lights up the scoreboard against the OR defense the way they do everyone else, and that includes West. If OR can run the ball against Powell, then this game will be a great one to watch!

11 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Good win tonight.  Proud of our defense tonight.  Shouldn't have been that close.   The penalties, turnovers,  and special teams breakdowns will get you beat this time of year.  We will have to put together 48 min. of winning football to beat Plow. 

Yeah, we gotta get the xtra points bs taken care of. That’ll cost ya against really good teams. 

1 hour ago, bonkers said:

The OR defense is no slouch.....it is tough. I'll be shocked if Powell lights up the scoreboard against the OR defense the way they do everyone else, and that includes West. If OR can run the ball against Powell, then this game will be a great one to watch!

The OR defense has been good minus the good passing team we played.Powell passing attack is even better than the ADs.I think we gotta score 35 plus to win.I agree about running the ball and trying to keep them off the field and out or sync.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The OR defense has been good minus the good passing team we played.Powell passing attack is even better than the ADs.I think we gotta score 35 plus to win.I agree about running the ball and trying to keep them off the field and out or sync.

Remember Farragut picked on little Williams all night though. How much can you attest to them passing really good against us to that? Not sure if Stewart back there is better for us yet because we really haven’t been tested since then against a good passing team. I guess that remains to be seen, but Powell will most definitely test it. Ole Potts and crew are hard to contain, that’s for sure.

Edited by SweetScience

OR will have to play it's best game of the year on defense to compete in this game.  It starts with pressure up front.  Potts gets the ball out so quickly.  We will have to knock him off the spot and find a way to disrupt him.  If he stands back there playing flag football, then we are in big trouble.  Nobody can cover those 5 wide outs for more than a few seconds.  

No doubt offense will have to move the chains and eat some clock to keep that Plow offense off the field. I did like the run/pass balance vs MJ.  Need another good outing by the offense.  Comes down to the oline play.  Go Cats

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

OR will have to play it's best game of the year on defense to compete in this game.  It starts with pressure up front.  Potts gets the ball out so quickly.  We will have to knock him off the spot and find a way to disrupt him.  If he stands back there playing flag football, then we are in big trouble.  Nobody can cover those 5 wide outs for more than a few seconds.  

No doubt offense will have to move the chains and eat some clock to keep that Plow offense off the field. I did like the run/pass balance vs MJ.  Need another good outing by the offense.  Comes down to the oline play.  Go Cats

Excited for this game!

18 hours ago, bonkers said:

Offensively, Powell is better than Farragut....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Remember Farragut picked on little Williams all night though. How much can you attest to them passing really good against us to that? Not sure if Stewart back there is better for us yet because we really haven’t been tested since then against a good passing team. I guess that remains to be seen, but Powell will most definitely test it. Ole Potts and crew are hard to contain, that’s for sure.

Im kinda of going off last yr too.Our DBs have struggled to say the least since H.Booker.Also the West defense is really good and Powell moved the ball on them way way better than we or anybody else has

Edited by STILLNUM1
  • Like 1