Need An Explanation from the TSSAA!

sportsguy22

8 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Using your line of thinking why doesn't Summit and Shelbyville cancel their meaningless games this week and play so there is a true Region champ.  That way we all have a true 1 seed.  

Yes. They should. Would Summit go for it? Doubt it. They’d fight against it I’m sure. Why have a chance to give up the top seed? But absolutely they should play. I’m sure Shelbyville would be happy to get to play it. They were crushed last week by all the contact tracing junk that shut them down, and it will unfortunately have a lasting emotional impact on those guys who got that opportunity to win a championship ripped away by clueless protocols enforced by clueless “experts”.

Edited by sportsguy22

7 hours ago, workinprogress said:

If I am not mistaken Hillsboro has had all away games anyway. Pretty sure they have been on the road each week. So what does Hillsboro gain by playing Gallatin. If it were for the region sure but it is not. 

And why are you so worried about being fair to Hillsboro. I haven't seen or heard anyone from that side complaining about something not being fair. 

What does Hillsboro gain by playing Gallatin??!! Are you kidding? It’s a massive difference. A chance to play Page “at home” (likely at Hillwood or Overton but in Nashville) or settling for a semi-long bus ride to play a solid team in Shelbyville. Some years it’s not a big difference. This year, it is huge!! Have you talked to any of the coaches at Hillsboro? Neither have I. Where would we hear them complaining at anyway? It just makes total sense that they would absolutely want the game to happen for all the reasons mentioned.

28 minutes ago, sportsguy22 said:

What does Hillsboro gain by playing Gallatin??!! Are you kidding? It’s a massive difference. A chance to play Page “at home” (likely at Hillwood or Overton but in Nashville) or settling for a semi-long bus ride to play a solid team in Shelbyville. Some years it’s not a big difference. This year, it is huge!! Have you talked to any of the coaches at Hillsboro? Neither have I. Where would we hear them complaining at anyway? It just makes total sense that they would absolutely want the game to happen for all the reasons mentioned.

I don't believe I've ever heard one person spend so much time advocating for something that will not not ever was going to happen, especially not being a fan of either school.  The TSSAA worked hard and came up with a set of rules that they thought was best for the circumstances, circumstances that by the way they and this entire country have never faced before.  Gallatin's coaches worked very hard to find replacement games just so they could play 10 games.  Region opponent Hunters Lane could've played on Oct 2 but said they didn't want to, so we played a top notch Henry County and lost.  Everything is out of way out of whack this year, it just is what it is.  Most are just thankful that this many games have actually been played.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GREENWAVE84EG said:

I don't believe I've ever heard one person spend so much time advocating for something that will not not ever was going to happen, especially not being a fan of either school.  The TSSAA worked hard and came up with a set of rules that they thought was best for the circumstances, circumstances that by the way they and this entire country have never faced before.  Gallatin's coaches worked very hard to find replacement games just so they could play 10 games.  Region opponent Hunters Lane could've played on Oct 2 but said they didn't want to, so we played a top notch Henry County and lost.  Everything is out of way out of whack this year, it just is what it is.  Most are just thankful that this many games have actually been played.

If I was a Gallatin fan, I’d probably say the exact same thing. Understood. 

No I have not talked to any Hillsboro coaches lately. Nice assumption there. However, knowing the coaches I assure you they are more focused on winning the next game than what you think is fair. 

I can also assure you that Shelbyville should be focused on the same thing and correcting their own issues. At this point play the games and be glad you are getting to play. Forget fairness and just play. 

30 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

No I have not talked to any Hillsboro coaches lately. Nice assumption there. However, knowing the coaches I assure you they are more focused on winning the next game than what you think is fair. 

I can also assure you that Shelbyville should be focused on the same thing and correcting their own issues. At this point play the games and be glad you are getting to play. Forget fairness and just play. 

Looking out for Hillsboro. That’s it. I realize most people probably aren’t though. If nothing could be done I would say no more. However, it still can. Shelbyville could play Summit as well. Both have meaningless games this Friday.

Edited by sportsguy22

2 minutes ago, WesTNFootball said:

TSSAA gives very few explanations for anything they do, so I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting. 

Agree. It’s just me thinking outside of the box obviously. In a perfect world, Shelbyville plays Summit, Gallatin plays Hillsboro this week. Glencliff could play Lincoln County, who is dealing with contact tracing issues. Hunters Lane could play Columbia. Problem solved...there you have it. Obviously won’t happen.