Musket Bowl

stockton4182

Just heard Tenn High will not play Cherokee tonight, so what does that do to the R1/5A rankings based on who wins/loses the Musket Bowl tonight?       Does anyone know how the TSSAA considers Covid wins/losses in the playoff bracketing?     I keep hearing conflicting things about that from people who really should know, but perhaps everyone is flying by the seat of their pants...

23 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Just heard Tenn High will not play Cherokee tonight, so what does that do to the R1/5A rankings based on who wins/loses the Musket Bowl tonight?       Does anyone know how the TSSAA considers Covid wins/losses in the playoff bracketing?     I keep hearing conflicting things about that from people who really should know, but perhaps everyone is flying by the seat of their pants...

Cherokee gets the win Tennessee High gets a no contest. Could be huge if Boone wins tonight 3 way tie I believe tiebreaker is overall number of wins

2 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

If Boone wins it will be a 3 way tie for first. I believe crockett wins conference due to overall wins.

3 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

Cherokee gets the win Tennessee High gets a no contest. Could be huge if Boone wins tonight 3 way tie I believe tiebreaker is overall number of wins

If TN high doesn’t play by their choice, then since it’s conference games, it’s considered a loss unless I misunderstood the rules.  Only no contest if not a conference game 

1 hour ago, BoonePride said:

If TN high doesn’t play by their choice, then since it’s conference games, it’s considered a loss unless I misunderstood the rules.  Only no contest if not a conference game 

Tennessee High doesn't get a loss only a no contest. Trust me I know. Boone wins be a 3 way tie and tiebreaker goes to higher number of wins. Oh Boone offense stinks 3 yards here 3 yards there.

2 hours ago, BoonePride said:

It wasn't by their choice against Cherokee really. Lol it is the world we are living in. I'm just glad they will be in playoffs. When Boone or Crockett has the covid from a disgruntled player from this point over how will that go. It comes down to how the administration does the system believe me. If you have a kid that doesn't get playing time your are done.

32 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

This game lived up to the hype. Crockett wins Region 1 5a. Crockett hosts playoff game I believe Boone has to go on the road because Tennessee High done with regular season.

You're right and I will go ahead and script out how our road game will end, the Knox County team play will not matter because the result will be the same.     Boone will kick to the fastest speed burner they have and that will set the tone for game.   We cannot cover kickoffs against a good team and will NEVER be able to do it, nobody will every convince me that a kick coverage has ever rehearsed at Daniel Boone High School.        Drive down to Knox County, maybe hit Cheesecake Factory or whatever, go to the game and then get ready for basketball.

Crockett just didn't quit tonight, especially since their offense really stalled in the first half, they adjusted and came out after halftime and took it to us as they should have.     Oh, and it looks like you guys actually PRACTICED doing a kick coverage, imagine that!!!    What a concept huh?

18 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You're right and I will go ahead and script out how our road game will end, the Knox County team play will not matter because the result will be the same.     Boone will kick to the fastest speed burner they have and that will set the tone for game.   We cannot cover kickoffs against a good team and will NEVER be able to do it, nobody will every convince me that a kick coverage has ever rehearsed at Daniel Boone High School.        Drive down to Knox County, maybe hit Cheesecake Factory or whatever, go to the game and then get ready for basketball.

Crockett just didn't quit tonight, especially since their offense really stalled in the first half, they adjusted and came out after halftime and took it to us as they should have.     Oh, and it looks like you guys actually PRACTICED doing a kick coverage, imagine that!!!    What a concept huh?

Our kick coverage weird. I say kick it deep all the time but always pooch kick it