Region5-1A vs Region 6-1a Predictions

DiamondRaider11

Just now, Richmond30 said:

Huntingdon will have their hands full against Moore Co. They are legit. Different style than 99% of single A and they do it extremely well. 

They may very well. Moore County will have to travel to Huntingdon. Huntingdon is a different team at home. Moore County runs the spread correct? Moore County may have trouble with the physical run game that Huntingdon has. The 2 games that I seen Moore County play they had trouble stopping the run. 

28 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Good call out. If that was the same Richland team we seen last night then we should compete well. 

My understanding is Huntingdon is very young and was probably knocking rust off at the first of the year that normally would have happened in a normal preseason which no one had. I think they are much better than they were when they played Collinwood. Having said that, I think MC is much better than most people are giving them credit for. I would expect a great 2nd round game from 2 great teams. 

6 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

My understanding is Huntingdon is very young and was probably knocking rust off at the first of the year that normally would have happened in a normal preseason which no one had. I think they are much better than they were when they played Collinwood. Having said that, I think MC is much better than most people are giving them credit for. I would expect a great 2nd round game from 2 great teams. 

Mustangs had 6 starters out for covid against Collinwood including most of our defensive line. May have effected us a little though we have excellent depth.

22 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

They may very well. Moore County will have to travel to Huntingdon. Huntingdon is a different team at home. Moore County runs the spread correct? Moore County may have trouble with the physical run game that Huntingdon has. The 2 games that I seen Moore County play they had trouble stopping the run. 

Moore Co runs the spread and they run it better than anything I can remember seeing in single A. They have a great QB who is very hard to get down, great passer, great decision maker. The weakness I have seen in them is their line. Doesn’t hurt them on offense because their QB is so elusive. I think he had around 600 yards rushing and 8-10 rushing TDs before last nights game. I do think it will hurt them on D against a very good running game from Huntingdon. It will be MCs passing attack against Huntingdon’s ground game and I expect both of those to be successful. The one thing I wonder about is how will MC’s passing attack impact 26 and 14 by the 4th quarter. 26 and 14 both play in the secondary for Huntingdon and will be running all over the field all night chasing MC receivers. 26 and 14 are also the primary ball carriers on offense with 25 for Huntingdon. Will they be able to maintain that for 4 quarters? That could have an impact. 

21 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs had 6 starters out for covid against Collinwood including most of our defensive line. May have effected us a little though we have excellent depth.

Having that many starters out makes a difference for any single A team not named South Pitt. You may have good players behind them but the starters are starters for a reason. We learned that first hand against Cornersville and Gordonsville. 

41 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

I could be wrong, but I have seen Wayne and Huntland play in person. I don’t think Wayne can stop Huntlands running game. I would compare what I saw from Wayne Co to what I saw from Cornersville and Huntland got a 10 pt win at Cornersville last night. Maybe it’s not 2 scores but I am pretty confident Huntland will win.

All you have to do is stack the box. Not that difficult to stop their run game. I will go with Wayne if they play. Wayne is not comparable to Cville because Wayne has improved over the year. Cville has not. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Huntingdon will probably represent the west this year. There is no team in region 5 that is good as those Cornersville teams. Not close. Huntingdon is not as good as last year but they are solid and will get through those region 5 teams. Comparing scores is crazy. Football is about matchups. Fayetteville has good athletes and  probably has the best shot at beating Huntingdon but I will take Huntingdon every time. 

“There is no team in Region 5 that is as good as those Cornersville teams” 

This statement alone shows you have no idea what’s happening in Region 5a this year. You don’t have to like it but your going to understand it, soon! 

Edited by BBRaider

13 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

All you have to do is stack the box. Not that difficult to stop their run game. I will go with Wayne if they play. Wayne is not comparable to Cville because Wayne has improved over the year. Cville has not. 

Your not stopping Stewart your best hope is to contain him and have a Offense that is explosive enough to keep Huntland behind you because you will be lucky to get 5 positions the entire game! From what I’ve seen Wayne County doesn’t have that!

Edited by BBRaider

22 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Moore Co runs the spread and they run it better than anything I can remember seeing in single A. They have a great QB who is very hard to get down, great passer, great decision maker. The weakness I have seen in them is their line. Doesn’t hurt them on offense because their QB is so elusive. I think he had around 600 yards rushing and 8-10 rushing TDs before last nights game. I do think it will hurt them on D against a very good running game from Huntingdon. It will be MCs passing attack against Huntingdon’s ground game and I expect both of those to be successful. The one thing I wonder about is how will MC’s passing attack impact 26 and 14 by the 4th quarter. 26 and 14 both play in the secondary for Huntingdon and will be running all over the field all night chasing MC receivers. 26 and 14 are also the primary ball carriers on offense with 25 for Huntingdon. Will they be able to maintain that for 4 quarters? That could have an impact. 

Mustangs strength is their defensive front 7. Really run to the ball and gang tackle well. Good size and depth in the defensive line. Linebackers are small and quick and are coming most of the time. Tough to run on. On the other hand our secondary have given a number of big plays. We have good athletes back there and seem ho have improved as the season has progressed but that's our weakness. Defensive front gets after the qb pretty good. Very hard to get the edge on us.

17 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

This statement alone shows you have no idea what’s happening in Region 5a this year. You don’t have to like it but your going to understand it, soon! 

Man I hope yall don't have a team as good as that 2017 Cornersville team. Maybe the most physical team I remember the Mustangs ever playing and I've seen a lot of great teams.

5 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Man I hope yall don't have a team as good as that 2017 Cornersville team. Maybe the most physical team I remember the Mustangs ever playing and I've seen a lot of great teams.

I’d say it’s a mixture. That Cville team was brutal man just different I’d say what little the top teams in 5a lack in physicality vs that team they gain in Straight Up Athleticism. They have dudes every where    

Edited by BBRaider

36 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

“Those Cville Teams” would mercy rule every team in R5 this year.