Region5-1A vs Region 6-1a Predictions

DiamondRaider11

45 minutes ago, footballover said:

You lose your coach and whole team goes right back to the ol Lake Co we all know and love. Shoulda paid Puckett

Back to the ol LC ? Greenfield game was for the championship and LC got hit by covid. Lake County is a good team from what I can tell. Just because your region is a cupcake region which it has been for a while now Greenfield, West Carroll, and Lake County all would be undefeated if they played yalls regional schedule. Come on man!

8 hours ago, Richmond30 said:

1st round winners:

Huntingdon, Moore Co, Huntland, City...all by 2+ scores

Rounds 2 & 3 will be great games that will probably come down to a couple of big plays.

I’ll take whoever survives to go to Lake Co and steal a win and get the opportunity to chase Frame in Cookeville. If it can’t be us, I’m pulling for Moore Co. They seem to have a really good group of kids there and I like the new coach and their style of play. 

Huntland by 2+ scores over their 2nd place team? I don’t see that. If Wayne plays them I will take WC in that game. 

11 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m picking the Mustangs to playing Region 7 in the semifinals. 

I think region 5 will win all the other games other than whoever plays against Huntingdon. 

Huntington we’ll not get by Region 5 this year Fayetteville and MC are to strong. Huntland and Cornersville also will be tough! The writing was on the wall when Huntington beat Collinwood 28-14 after Richland beat Collinwood 26-10.  MC on that surface is going to be stupid  

Edited by BBRaider

3 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

Huntington we’ll not get by Region 5 this year Fayetteville and MC are to strong. Huntland and Cornersville also will be tough! The writing was on the wall when Huntington beat Collinwood 28-14 after Richland beat Collinwood 26-10

Good call out. If that was the same Richland team we seen last night then we should compete well. 

10 hours ago, Guidance1812 said:

Just like the last four years

Last 4 years have nothing to do with it. This is a completely new team. These kids have been told by a lot folks that their down talent wise from the last several years. These kids didnt buy into that at all. They have improved big time since the season started. They are a confident team now and are gonna be a tough out.

10 hours ago, footballover said:

You lose your coach and whole team goes right back to the ol Lake Co we all know and love. Shoulda paid Puckett

Ole Lake County. I am willing to bet LC football history has more titles, state runner ups and playoff wins than whatever school you support. LC was good before Coach Puckett and will be after. Some people just doesn't have a clue about things they talk about. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Ole Lake County. I am willing to bet LC football history has more titles, state runner ups and playoff wins than whatever school you support. LC was good before Coach Puckett and will be after. Some people just doesn't have a clue about things they talk about. 

Ignore ballLover. He’s a Huntingdung fan. No intelligent life to debate with him. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

24 minutes ago, BBRaider said:

Huntington we’ll not get by Region 5 this year Fayetteville and MC are to strong. Huntland and Cornersville also will be tough! The writing was on the wall when Huntington beat Collinwood 28-14 after Richland beat Collinwood 26-10.  MC on that surface is going to be stupid  

Huntingdon will probably represent the west this year. There is no team in region 5 that is good as those Cornersville teams. Not close. Huntingdon is not as good as last year but they are solid and will get through those region 5 teams. Comparing scores is crazy. Football is about matchups. Fayetteville has good athletes and  probably has the best shot at beating Huntingdon but I will take Huntingdon every time. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

58 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Huntland by 2+ scores over their 2nd place team? I don’t see that. If Wayne plays them I will take WC in that game. 

I could be wrong, but I have seen Wayne and Huntland play in person. I don’t think Wayne can stop Huntlands running game. I would compare what I saw from Wayne Co to what I saw from Cornersville and Huntland got a 10 pt win at Cornersville last night. Maybe it’s not 2 scores but I am pretty confident Huntland will win.

8 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Huntingdon will probably represent the west this year. There is no team in region 5 that is good as those Cornersville teams. Not close. Huntingdon is not as good as last year but they are solid and will get through those region 5 teams. Comparing scores is crazy. Football is about matchups. Fayetteville has good athletes and  probably has the best shot at beating Huntingdon but I will take Huntingdon every time. 

Huntingdon will have their hands full against Moore Co. They are legit. Different style than 99% of single A and they do it extremely well.