Replay camera's its time

harley04

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If Watertown gets screwed on a call in the 3rd rd this year against trousdale and it costs your team the game it won’t matter how much it slows the game down. You will wish there was replay for the Watertown seniors who will never play another down. Am I wrong in assuming that??

That would suck... no doubt, but I’ll stick to my original statement. I’m not a fan of instant replay on any level. It’s part of the game and definitely part of life... if one replay causes us to win or lose then we didn’t do enough to win anyway. 

Cold hard facts of life... we all have to live with them no matter if we like it or not!

Edited by H2Oman
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

That would suck... no doubt, but I’ll stick to my original statement. I’m not a fan of instant replay on any level. It’s part of the game and definitely part of life... if one replay causes us to win or lose then we didn’t do enough to win anyway. 

Cold hard facts of life... we all have to live with them no matter if we like it or not!

I respect your opinion. 

I attend both high school and college football games on a regular basis (season tickets). I have told people recently that I prefer watching high school football now. 

The reason is that the college game takes forever to play these days. The University of Memphis game I attended Saturday was a 2:30 kickoff. It ended at 7 PM. That’s 4-1/2 hours, folks. Delays for replays, beer commercials, etc. have made these games go on forever.

I like my high school games that are played in about 2 hours. No commercial breaks, no instant replays. We live with the decisions that the officials make in real time. And, it’s been that way forever. 

That’s my opinion, folks, and everybody is entitled to their own.

28 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I attend both high school and college football games on a regular basis (season tickets). I have told people recently that I prefer watching high school football now. 

The reason is that the college game takes forever to play these days. The University of Memphis game I attended Saturday was a 2:30 kickoff. It ended at 7 PM. That’s 4-1/2 hours, folks. Delays for replays, beer commercials, etc. have made these games go on forever.

I like my high school games that are played in about 2 hours. No commercial breaks, no instant replays. We live with the decisions that the officials make in real time. And, it’s been that way forever. 

That’s my opinion, folks, and everybody is entitled to their own.

The Thursday night rivalry games can push 3 hrs sometimes. Because of the 2 minute timeouts and depending on how flag happy the refs can be. Overall still much shorter than the average college football game. 

On 10/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, ReitzFan said:

I would disagree with the statement that most schools broadcast through NFHS. Those that I have seen broadcast through the NFHS use a single camera system. Having the ability to do replay is an added expense that most schools can't afford. The misconception is that the NFHS provides equipment. They do not. Cameras are not cheap and replay equipment is very expensive. Having the ability to send it down to the field where an official can view It costs an outrageous some of money.

In West Tennessee, there's only one school that has a video broadcasting with the capability of instant replay. And that school is not associated with the NFHS.

We actually install these at no cost to the schools or school system. Only fees we recoup are the viewership fees. The football pixalot system has 2 cameras in one unit each covering half the field. The basketball ones generally have three, we leave one on the scoreboard. The only thing the school provides for us is a network drop, that allows us to record the games through the Internet onto our servers. To do instant replay you would need the game to be recorded on site and not online. That way it could be reviewable on the spot.  If you or your school system paid for theirs you didn’t get it through us

Edited by Bamapappy

5 minutes ago, Bamapappy said:

We actually install these at no cost to the schools or school system. Only fees we recoup or the viewership fees. The football pixalot system has 2 cameras in one unit each covering half the field. The basketball ones generally have three, we leave one on the scoreboard. The only thing the school provides for us is a network drop, that allows us to record the games through the Internet onto our servers. To do instant replay you would need the game to be recorded on site and not online. That way it could be reviewable on the spot.  If you or your school system paid for theirs you didn’t get it through us

I would have to disagree with you.there is an internet broadcaster in West Tennessee who can do instant replay. All you need on the field is a simple laptop and he could replay it live to the officials and viewers alike. I have had the opportunity to visit several schools who use The NHFS to stream games. Every one of them has been a single camera shoot with no replay equipment and not even so much as somebody to announce the game. But all I have to go on are the schools that I've been to. The NHFS may be fairly strong in middle and Eastern Tennessee. But it is with the exception of a very few schools, non-existent in the West. If you provide cameras and equipment at no charge to schools that's great. I've been to too many schools, including one this year that was NHFS affiliatedwere the internet was just simply awful to non-existent. The people in the work half the time because of a lack of internet. Until all schools have broadband in the press boxes, this can never take place as it would not be an equal system. Just my opinion.