Southtowner

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

If huntland takes cares of business with cornersville. They should finish in the 3 spot. I really think everyone is under estimating huntland. They are very good when fully healthy. 

That whole region 5 looks very competitive.  I'd say with Fayetteville missing several key players Friday and still went toe to toe with Gordonsville was a good sign for Region 5 overall.  

Still not sure why everyone has Gordonsville with three losses, they only have two, to Watertown and Trousdale Co.

Gordonsville was still going to play Coalfield without the kids with ruled out by contract tracing but Coalfield still said no, it was not considered a covid loss. Those kids have done everything the coaching staff has asked of them to stay as safe as possible from being exposed. Knock on wood but none of the players have ever tested positive as I recall, its all been to contact tracing.

2 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I really like how Lake County is being down played by so many. LC loves being the underdog. Us against the world mentality.

Y’all are young. And as I’ve heard many of you complaining about, you do have some coaching issues from what I saw Friday night. On defense I’m not sure if your guys are confused or uninspired but they don’t play hard. The kicking game beat WC not just on the botched punt, but that was the worse kickoff team I’ve seen in my 35+ years of high school football. They would have been better off just doing onside kicks every time, I don’t think you started a drive any deeper than your 45 yard line. I’ve said since the first of the year y’all would be in the 4th round, now I’m not so sure. ( I’m not saying Huntingdon will be there either) Looks like you’ve got the pieces, just gotta coach em up. Good luck.

Just now, Mustang1969 said:

Y’all are young. And as I’ve heard many of you complaining about, you do have some coaching issues from what I saw Friday night. On defense I’m not sure if your guys are confused or uninspired but they don’t play hard. The kicking game beat WC not just on the botched punt, but that was the worse kickoff team I’ve seen in my 35+ years of high school football. They would have been better off just doing onside kicks every time, I don’t think you started a drive any deeper than your 45 yard line. I’ve said since the first of the year y’all would be in the 4th round, now I’m not so sure. ( I’m not saying Huntingdon will be there either) Looks like you’ve got the pieces, just gotta coach em up. Good luck.

I agree with some of what you said. LC does have the pieces. It's just matter if the coaching staff can put them together. WC special teams were awful. I really don't think it's a matter of the kids not playing hard. I think it's a lack of understanding. It must get corrected. LC kids did not have the benefit of fall practice or scrimmages this fall with a new coaching staff. I know nobody did but most had their coaches back. I would like to think that makes a difference.