Waverly travels to Riverside for Regional Championship

vandyfan1

Much respect to Waverly football. They have been dominant in this region for most of the past few years. I just think Riverside takes care of business at home tonight. It has been awhile since they got to play for a region championship at the home swamp instead of Waverly's hay field. Note to Waverly: wear those black high top cleats tonight, you'll need them. 

12 minutes ago, @38320 said:

Much respect to Waverly football. They have been dominant in this region for most of the past few years. I just think Riverside takes care of business at home tonight. It has been awhile since they got to play for a region championship at the home swamp instead of Waverly's hay field. Note to Waverly: wear those black high top cleats tonight, you'll need them. 

:roflol:hay field vs the swamp    They should call this game that 

22 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah I looked at scores and I think it’s hard to guess from there 

Your right, except that Waverly seems to be playing well right now and Riverside struggled with Adamsville. Massey has Riverside winning by 7. But still going with Waverly .

Screenshot_20201030-125536_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e07416fa65023913331345b5e5fc0c4e.jpg

Screenshot_20201030-125442_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Your right, except that Waverly seems to be playing well right now and Riverside struggled with Adamsville. Massey has Riverside winning by 7. But still going with Waverly .

Screenshot_20201030-125536_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e07416fa65023913331345b5e5fc0c4e.jpg

Screenshot_20201030-125442_Chrome.jpg

Are you looking at the westview game mainly ?  Waverly definitely played better. It looks as if westview was better last year with mcconnell.  Their defense is bad this year and the oline isn’t blocking much Simpson is running for his life. I’ve watched a couple westview games 

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

The more I find out and learn about Waverly players that have been out,I gotta say this w/Waverly gets it done! Gonna make this trip tonight to see this one ! Ok before I get beat up I will give you my reasoning  on the Waverly pick, RS struggled to put away a sub mediocre Region 7 team,I get it Aville WAS great years ago ! RS doesn't have the size or speed to hang with Waverly,Waverly isn't lightning in a bottle but have several quick kids,RS has 1 that I noticed with decent wheels. RS struggled when Tha Ville stretched the field on their defense,Waverly can stretch the field really well ,when the play is called to do it ! I look for Waverly to have multiple 30 plus yard plays,Waverly will run the middle hard and force RS to commit and then pop one or two down the field with the QBs arm ! Defensively Waverly will hang very tight on the RS receivers and will pick a bad pass given the opportunity,Of course RS is very well coached and RS has the potential to play out of their minds cause of hype,as they did against AVillle and second half really showed their abilities imo,so I look for this to be tight at halftime,look at it like this we got RS's best shot first half, pure adrenaline and guts half for two quarters in the semifinals, then reality struck and they got spanked,same could happen with Wavo,remember Waverly has been VERY dominate in R 6 for alot of years !!! I say close first half maybe even a 14 - 7 RS lead at half then Waverly pulls awa in the second half and wins 28-14 ,GL to all teams saw travels !!

45 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'm picking Waverly.

My man :thumb:

Hope we can pull this out! I think we can. Just depends on how we respond when Riverside pops us in the mouth. It’s going to be a good one folks.

7 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Are you looking at the westview game mainly ?  Waverly definitely played better. It looks as if westview was better last year with mcconnell.  Their defense is bad this year and the oline isn’t blocking much Simpson is running for his life. I’ve watched a couple westview games 

Waverly has played better the 2nd half of the year this year and last. I believe they will get it done. I believe Waverlys defense is the difference at a guess. I'll even predict a score 

Waverly 28

Riverside 14

Edited by Imthayeti

7 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Waverly has played better the 2nd half of the year this year and last. I believe they will get it done. I believe Waverlys defense is the difference at a guess. I'll even predict a score 

Waverly 28

Riverside 14

You have looked at more than I have. You may very well be right but I think if waverly does win it won’t be by 2 scores 

Just now, Tide21 said:

Are you guys just trying to get me to pick waverly ? Lol  man I’m clueless on this one just favoring riverside by a pure guess 

Man ,I cut up alot but I don't miss scores often! I even said GC would give Waverly a game because of Waverlys issues from covid ! I gotta admit the Waverly I seen against GC sucked but that wasn't a nearly complete picture of the team ! RS is a average team VERY coached up from imo one of the best in Frost ! I think this post season we see Boldin bring his Tigers to the potential they have! Make no mistakes I say it again judging by the GC game is not smart,I did it for a hot minute before I knew all the intangible!