1A Playoff Picture in the West

fullbackdive

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Congrats on a memorable year for your kids, but that ranking isn’t close to accurate. I doubt very seriously you have a top 10 team. You might be a top 15 team, but nothing more.  Again, a great accomplishment for you guys this season, but you would get mercy ruled quickly if you made it to Cookeville. 

I expect Greenfield to get put out before the semifinals. Don’t they get a first round forfeit as well? Your round 2 game will be a dogfight too. Again great job on a memorable year for your team, but this is just reality  

Agree with everything you said. Greenfield is having a very rare year for them and it is great for their program, players and community. I just hope they understand the AP Poll means nothing. Most of the voters do not have a clue about the teams they are voting on. They just go by record most of the time. Anyway good year for Greenfield.

3 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

Wanna talk about strength of schedule but didn’t LC lose to Fayette Academy that has only won 2 games. I also know after Puckett left halls offense took a BIG step back and defense is not as good. I will agree with you and say LC is a very good team and can’t be taken lightly and could beat anyone they face except for Fayett Academy. And best of luck to all the teams that are still playing and going o the playoffs. We are in a time of the year now where all the teams in playoffs are good and you when tk play mistake free football to win. LC, Dresden, Greenfield and WC Are all capable teams of beating anyone any given night and shouldn’t be taken lightly. 

Sorry, LC didn't play Fayette Academy. West Carroll lost to them 14 to 8 in the 1st game of the year. LC only loss is to Westview and they will mercy rule every team in region 7A. LC lost 19 starters off last years team and playing mostly sophomores this year. If it is a year to beat LC for teams in region 7A it's this year. So far no 7A team has been able to do it.

5 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Sorry, LC didn't play Fayette Academy. West Carroll lost to them 14 to 8 in the 1st game of the year. LC only loss is to Westview and they will mercy rule every team in region 7A. LC lost 19 starters off last years team and playing mostly sophomores this year. If it is a year to beat LC for teams in region 7A it's this year. So far no 7A team has been able to do it.

I stand corrected and I apologize for getting my facts confused and team mixed up. LC is a great team and is super bowl bound. Congrats to the State Champs LC. 

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

You are right. Westview is a very good team and not only would they mercy rule every one in 7A and there  are AA teams they would mercy rule also. Congrats on LC for scheduling them and it only made y’all a better team playing against better teams. But with McKenzie and Trenton moving down it doesn’t matter what team out of region 7A returns next year they will not beat Trenton for next 4 years. Trenton may very well mercy rule everyone next year. 

1 minute ago, Voljackets said:

I stand corrected and I apologize for getting my facts confused and team mixed up. LC is a great team and is super bowl bound. Congrats to the State Champs LC. 

Nobody has said a word about LC winning a state title this year. I get it Greenfield is having a unusual year for them and AP poll has them ranked 3rd in the state. You feel like nobody is giving them respect. I see were you are coming from but can they win when it matters? Maybe. We shall see. Good luck to them.

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Greenfield has 4 winning seasons since 2001. They have 13 losing seasons in that time frame and 2 seasons at 500. They have a playoff record of 2 and 5 during that time frame also. Like I said enjoy this year because if history is an indicator it will be awhile before it happens again.

But you fail to mention the time times that LC was getting mercy ruled by greenfield before the mercy rule was applied. Remember when LC went 0-10 and 1-9 following year in the early 2000. So don’t act like LC has been this ultimate power house when in fact it goes in cycle and Lake County has been at the worse of the worse. 

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Nobody has said a word about LC winning a state title this year. I get it Greenfield is having a unusual year for them and AP poll has them ranked 3rd in the state. You feel like nobody is giving them respect. I see were you are coming from but can they win when it matters? Maybe. We shall see. Good luck to them.

But LC is state champs till they are not. Y’all have earned that and deserve to be addressed as such till someone knocks you off. And LC is the last champion and maybe they will get there chance to defend it if they make it back to title game. 

2 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

You are right. Westview is a very good team and not only would they mercy rule every one in 7A and there  are AA teams they would mercy rule also. Congrats on LC for scheduling them and it only made y’all a better team playing against better teams. But with McKenzie and Trenton moving down it doesn’t matter what team out of region 7A returns next year they will not beat Trenton for next 4 years. Trenton may very well mercy rule everyone next year. 

Peabody may very well mercy rule everyone. They will be 1A for at least 2 years. It may take a couple of years but some of the current 1A teams will catch up to them. It may not be in the next 2 years but it will happen sooner than later.

1 minute ago, lakecounty1968 said:

Peabody may very well mercy rule everyone. They will be 1A for at least 2 years. It may take a couple of years but some of the current 1A teams will catch up to them. It may not be in the next 2 years but it will happen sooner than later.

I do find it crazy that Trenton moving down. They will be a big 1A school for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Voljackets said:

But you fail to mention the time times that LC was getting mercy ruled by greenfield before the mercy rule was applied. Remember when LC went 0-10 and 1-9 following year in the early 2000. So don’t act like LC has been this ultimate power house when in fact it goes in cycle and Lake County has been at the worse of the worse. 

LC is 32 and 9 all time against Greenfield. LC had one team in school history that went 0 and 10. Yes, Greenfield hadms mercy ruled LC a few times but LC has mercy ruled Greenfield alot more than Greenfield has LC. You proved my point about LC being a good program through history. When LC has a few down years they bounce back. Greenfield not so much.