Thoughts on William Blount's 2020 Season

Governm

Travel distance hurts all these consolidated schools and robs them of some good football teams. I know for a fact the first year of Heritage that only one boy from the last Townsend High football team went out for football due to the long distance. Most people that are old enough will tell you putting all those schools together was a big mistake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

91 this is a picture of the last Lanier team that had only 250 kids in that school with a 28 man football team. To my knowledge there was only one freshman player that was with the varsity and they had a 9th grade team not included with this picture. William Blount a school that has 1,600 plus students has a varsity football team with 51 players and 18 freshmen. Friendsville had a school with just at 500 students that produced a 27 man varsity not including the freshmen. Those two schools had 55 football players out of 750 kids and your on here telling me travel distance doesn't hurt William Blount and I'm on here showing you the pictures of the two teams which I will put the Friendsville picture up in the next post.

Scan.jpg?width=590&height=370&fit=bounds

Dang, the year I was born. 

Barney,

Football participation is down everywhere. There are a lot of factors that contribute to that. One of the biggest factors is the fact that a lot of parents don't want their kids to play football because of the risks associated with it. I have asked parents of some of the good players that play other sports like basketball and baseball and they said they didn't want their kids playing because of injury concerns. WB usually has between 50 and 80 dressed out for varsity football. That is on par with the other 6A teams in East Tennessee.  

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

6 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Barney,

Football participation is down everywhere. There are a lot of factors that contribute to that. One of the biggest factors is the fact that a lot of parents don't want their kids to play football because of the risks associated with it. I have asked parents of some of the good players that play other sports like basketball and baseball and they said they didn't want their kids playing because of injury concerns. WB usually has between 50 and 80 dressed out for varsity football. That is on par with the other 6A teams in East Tennessee.  

I agree with you about that but what I'm talking about happened right off the bat when those schools were put together. Back then parents weren't so involved as they are now by any measure of the stick. There isn't a team out there without this problem. You take me to any practice USA and I can locate that guy in a New York minute. Always setting in the stands spreading their bullcrap being a constant disruption. Bad as the others can't wait to see him leave bingo, another one takes his place with the new group of kids coming in. That's why I chose not to coach because someone would be laying in a graveyard that did me like that.

9 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Barney,

Same thing @ Boone, if we could get some of the kids roaming the halls out onto the field then we could have a championship team..... okay, probably not, but at least we could be competitive.     Actually come to think of it, there are no kids roaming the halls, they are all virtual now.....    *sigh*     Perhaps one day football will be played between cleverly programmed robots put together by the science and shop classes.

c0cac6faaaf53852dcb5ba2b13387d92.jpg