Union City @ Peabody (2nd Round)

PHSRollTide

16 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I don't know what we can do but whatever it is we will come out determined to get it done. You are correct in your analysis, however, the best thing we have going for us is a terrible taste in our mouths and that the Tide just might take us for granted. Just saying

I would love to say we wouldn't take you guys for granted,but none of us keyboard warriors on on the field or in the locker room every day ! Coaches will preach stay focused play hard, expect to get punched in the mouth,but these are young adults down to kids on the field !

On 10/31/2020 at 2:55 PM, Purple & Gold Standard said:

I don’t disagree with you ... I was the one that said the only way we win the first time around was if the Tide had to forfeit due to COVID ... Got some of our UC posters butthurt ... Having said that though in the first game had Union City put more pressure on Peabody as in scoring TDs when we got down close, and we did, you never know what could have happened. What happened was we got close and had a FG blocked inside the 10 yd line and had a drive stopped by a turnover inside the 10 yd line. You never know what happens if you go into half down 21-17 or even a 21-21 tie. Peabody is a really good team. We will have to come up with a great defensive gameplan. Peabody ran on us and they passed on us. As coaches and players you have to go in believing you have a shot or there is no reason to go down and play. UC really has no pressure on them. All the pressure is on the team with the long winning streak and all the expectations. Union City knows all about that scenario. It happened to us when Peabody came in and ended our 38 game winning streak. Honestly it will take UC playing out of their minds and turning over Peabody two or three times. We don’t beat them playing our best game and them playing their best game. 

I agree with you Purple. All of us who have played the game know how important momentum can be. We had opportunities in the last game to seize some momentum and when we didn't capitalize the momentum headed in the other direction. Once it got going good we couldn't slow it down. So, to have a chance in this game, we have to start by playing the first half like we did the last one with the exception of capitalizing on the opportunities instead of letting them go. Then if we can do that hopefully the second half plays out differently and we have a competitive game. Obviously based on the last few years Peabody is the better team so even at that we need to hope momentum gets on our side and maybe Peabody helps us out a little. But if we start strong and capitalize, you never know what can happen. I think we are a better team than the 49-7 score showed.

1 hour ago, TennReb31 said:

I agree with you Purple. All of us who have played the game know how important momentum can be. We had opportunities in the last game to seize some momentum and when we didn't capitalize the momentum headed in the other direction. Once it got going good we couldn't slow it down. So, to have a chance in this game, we have to start by playing the first half like we did the last one with the exception of capitalizing on the opportunities instead of letting them go. Then if we can do that hopefully the second half plays out differently and we have a competitive game. Obviously based on the last few years Peabody is the better team so even at that we need to hope momentum gets on our side and maybe Peabody helps us out a little. But if we start strong and capitalize, you never know what can happen. I think we are a better team than the 49-7 score showed.

When we pulled the upset a few years ago, we had breaks that built that momentum. Whether it was fumbles, missed PAT’s the balled rolled our way pretty well. Obviously I think we will, but if UC can come out and stick to their game plan with no mistakes I think it’ll be much closer than 49-7. First time around I was expecting a 42-21 game just because UC always can grind the clock and make a defense tired with long drives 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BigTTowner said:

Peabody by at least 3 TD’s

Not going to happen, it will be decided by 7pts or less. Yes Peabody is good, but never count out a Union City team even if they fell the first time. They may not win but your prediction is going to be way off this time. We won’t go quietly and hopefully will go away with a win.

20 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

Not going to happen, it will be decided by 7pts or less. Yes Peabody is good, but never count out a Union City team even if they fell the first time. They may not win but your prediction is going to be way off this time. We won’t go quietly and hopefully will go away with a win.

Ok I've been quite but no more, your what is the reasoning behind a bold prediction  like this? Peabody gave you opportunities in the beggi ing and shut you down quick! You couldn't  score,You say it  wont be as bad we pulled starters,your coach left starters in ! We coulda score 70 on you guys and chose to have class ! I get bei g a homer but what has changed ? Ok you beat Ripley a mediocre team,pls hang your hat on that,they beat Dburg with 12 starters out from covid that destroyed UC ! Then you whooped up on Halls,again Halls for Gods sake ! Now I respect all yall Twister folk,but give me 3 things you can do differently  to change a 6 score game that could been a nine score game if the Tide wanted it to be ? Just a honest question. 

Edited by PeabodyPride

58 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Ok I've been quite but no more, your what is the reasoning behind a bold prediction  like this? Peabody gave you opportunities in the beggi ing and shut you down quick! You couldn't  score,You say it  wont be as bad we pulled starters,your coach left starters in ! We coulda score 70 on you guys and chose to have class ! I get bei g a homer but what has changed ? Ok you beat Ripley a mediocre team,pls hang your hat on that,they beat Dburg with 12 starters out from covid that destroyed UC ! Then you whooped up on Halls,again Halls for Gods sake ! Now I respect all yall Twister folk,but give me 3 things you can do differently  to change a 6 score game that could been a nine score game if the Tide wanted it to be ? Just a honest question. 

Tell me what 12 starters were out on Dyersburg team against Ripley. 

Throw the Ripley game out someone give me a real reason to claim a UC win !!! Not saying it couldn't happen ,but I am a numbers and facts person at my core,momentum doesn't cut it, sorry,not buying it,PHS hasn't had momentum I'm their favor in any game this year except the Halls and GCs off the world..... I need more,we gave you chances with our mistakes and you couldn't cut it ,did you find dynamite ? New players? Changed scheme,heck found a pot of gold and trapped a leprechaun ? Come on guys talk to me !! And please don't take this as disrespect,it's small ball years ago it was flipped and always can flip back ,but let's talk here now this game !

8 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Throw the Ripley game out someone give me a real reason to claim a UC win !!! Not saying it couldn't happen ,but I am a numbers and facts person at my core,momentum doesn't cut it, sorry,not buying it,PHS hasn't had momentum I'm their favor in any game this year except the Halls and GCs off the world..... I need more,we gave you chances with our mistakes and you couldn't cut it ,did you find dynamite ? New players? Changed scheme,heck found a pot of gold and trapped a leprechaun ? Come on guys talk to me !! And please don't take this as disrespect,it's small ball years ago it was flipped and always can flip back ,but let's talk here now this game !

Right it flipped a few years back and can flip again at anytime. What gives us a chance? Well let’s start with if your players are as cocky and over confident as you are. I stick with my prediction. Don’t stick with numbers all the time. Sometimes the pride of a team that knows what they can do if they play their hearts out , can out weigh a team that believes they are unbeatable. And the players may not feel that way but like I said if they feel like you do then beware of a UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1