Round 1 - Cornersville @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

From a guy that don’t really know that much about R5 A I think mustangs win this one by 20+. I don’t mean this in a negative way but Cville is a #4 seed and at this level first round games are usually pretty ugly for those lower seeds. Plus I don’t think Huntingdon will let off the gas peddle when they get up in this one. That game two years ago on the magic carpet still leaves a bad taste in their mouth I don’t care what they say. 

Does anyone give the Dawgs a chance in this game?  Is there anything that they can do to pull an upset as a #4 seed?  I agree with GODAWGS89 that the Dawgs will have to have the backups play a pretty solid game.  So if these backups do, is Huntingdon susceptible to anything?  I have heard that Huntingdon lost a lot of good players from last season but it looks like they have filled in pretty nicely (record wise, haven't actually seen them play in person). So, is there anything that Huntingdon fans feel a little iffy about from their team?

13 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

Does anyone give the Dawgs a chance in this game?  Is there anything that they can do to pull an upset as a #4 seed?  I agree with GODAWGS89 that the Dawgs will have to have the backups play a pretty solid game.  So if these backups do, is Huntingdon susceptible to anything?  I have heard that Huntingdon lost a lot of good players from last season but it looks like they have filled in pretty nicely (record wise, haven't actually seen them play in person). So, is there anything that Huntingdon fans feel a little iffy about from their team?

Huntingdon is tough against the run. Really run to the ball well. Pretty physical up front. Pass defense is questionable, though our pass rush is good. I would say a pass heavy team could give us trouble. Offensively we're not nearly as dynamic as the last few Mustang teams. We're gonna pound it on the ground but we can throw it if need be. QB has big arm. This Mustang squad is very young with some question Mark's but I really like this group of kids. They play tough, clean ball. Look forward to playing the Bulldogs. I expect a tough, physical contest.

47 minutes ago, rnorris92 said:

Lack of speed