Scotts Hill at Lewis Co

ddaddy

10 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

LC has been reeling with injuries and quarantines for the last several weeks. Not taking anything for granted this week. LC has to come to play to get it done so hopefully they can hold it together until they are whole again. I don't look for a blowout.

At this point in the season, just survive and advance. I think LC wins by 3 scores 

14 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

no offense. good people. lewis is due a breakout game 

Didn't take offense at all, I'm agreeing with you. When we're at our best, we're a young and inexperienced team who hasn't gotten into a smooth offensive rhythm all season. Our freshman QB had a severe ankle injury in our first game, came back in week 8, and we've had to change our lineup seemingly every half due to key injuries or quarantines, lots of which included the reserve QB's. That is tough on a team full of upperclassmen, but devastating to us with mostly sophomore and freshmen skill players. We'll come to play, but against a polished region champ like LC, our best game along with a few lucky bounces probably would only keep it close enough to be respectable.

31 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

When we're at our best, we're a young and inexperienced team who hasn't gotten into a smooth offensive rhythm all season.  and we've had to change our lineup seemingly every half due to key injuries or quarantines, lots of which included the reserve QB's. That is tough on a team full of upperclassmen, but devastating to us with mostly sophomore and freshmen skill players. 

Sounds familiar. We should have scheduled you this year. lol

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Didn't take offense at all, I'm agreeing with you. When we're at our best, we're a young and inexperienced team who hasn't gotten into a smooth offensive rhythm all season. Our freshman QB had a severe ankle injury in our first game, came back in week 8, and we've had to change our lineup seemingly every half due to key injuries or quarantines, lots of which included the reserve QB's. That is tough on a team full of upperclassmen, but devastating to us with mostly sophomore and freshmen skill players. We'll come to play, but against a polished region champ like LC, our best game along with a few lucky bounces probably would only keep it close enough to be respectable.

ankle injuries are tough. SH always plays hard nosed. good luck 

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

I think they could make a game of it for a half like they did Riverside but then Lewis will probably pull away.

Wish SH the best of luck Region 6 brother!

Much respect for both programs.

I'll be honest, the last couple of games LC has dipped a bit with so many linemen out. I thought before that we could play with anybody, but now I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if this was close. I think that some players are coming back for he 2nd round game so hopefully we can get back on track. I kind of poked Troll for using the COVID card, but I done with that because missing players is real and affect the entire team.  

1 minute ago, ddaddy said:

I'll be honest, the last couple of games LC has dipped a bit with so many linemen out. I thought before that we could play with anybody, but now I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if this was close. I think that some players are coming back for he 2nd round game so hopefully we can get back on track. I kind of poked Troll for using the COVID card, but I done with that because missing players is real and affect the entire team.  

It definitely affects the team bud

• Like 1