Springfield vs Hardin County

DutchMantel

19 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know you didn’t ask me but I wanted to chime in anyway. I saw a few different videos of that play. Some looked like he did cross the goal line some did not. If I was an official on the field I would’ve called it a touchdown on the field. But they didn’t call it a touchdown. And after looking at it on some replays I don’t know that there was enough evidence to say for sure he was. Just my two cents like I said I would’ve called it a touchdown to start with. 

Thanks. Just wondered, the angle I saw you couldn’t tell for sure.

41 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Same way as last week all the way through the playoffs. I heard that this morning on the Hardin County coach’s show. The radio guys for Hardin do a great job with that. 

Hey, @Tigersandcats did Hardin get hosed on that first drive at Milan when Hunt fumbled going into the end zone? Was he in before he fumbled?

I think he scored . But as I said after that game you don’t leave it to the officials to make a bang, bang call. You gotta secure that ball through the play. Although when it breaks the plane it’s a score play over. But don’t believe in making a bunch of excuses for losing. I thought coach Smith had a good plan for that game, done a lot of things they had not done all year on offense. But poor execution with multiple dropped passes and the D giving up big yardage after contact is imo what lost that game.  But I wouldn’t say hosed there’s always a lot of stuff missed in games both ways. My thinking after that game was just lost to a really good football team, with multiple chances to win.  Just got to learn from these games. 

59 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

Same way as last week all the way through the playoffs. I heard that this morning on the Hardin County coach’s show. The radio guys for Hardin do a great job with that. 

Hey, @Tigersandcats did Hardin get hosed on that first drive at Milan when Hunt fumbled going into the end zone? Was he in before he fumbled?

And yes the guys do a great job on sports talk. 

1 minute ago, JacketLover said:

I’ll probably listen to your radio guys Friday night while watching the game. The delay shouldn’t be too bad. We have no local radio. 

The delay is not to bad. Quality is better using the app. But it’s a little more delay than just tuning in the station on a radio. They do a good job calling the games. But I’ll warn you they are homers. But aren’t we all!

Springfield has their other best corner on the field now and he wasnt against marshall. The pass defense is much better than it was against marshall in every aspect. I think we have a total of 12 interceptions on the year and kelly has 8 i do believe. The pass rush is very good at this point also. we completely shut the run of southside down...and i know Hardin is much better team than southside but to hold them to 32 total yards is pretty impressive. this should be a great football game

3 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

Springfield has their other best corner on the field now and he wasnt against marshall. The pass defense is much better than it was against marshall in every aspect. I think we have a total of 12 interceptions on the year and kelly has 8 i do believe. The pass rush is very good at this point also. we completely shut the run of southside down...and i know Hardin is much better team than southside but to hold them to 32 total yards is pretty impressive. this should be a great football game

How many yards did we hold Creek Wood too? Couldn’t have been a lot with all the negative plays.

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

If y’all had to rate this years Jacket team compared to last years team. What would you say?

This is probably Coach Wilson’s best team overall since he’s been here. They are deeper, but younger as well which leads to spells of inconsistency at times. Creek Wood game is a prime example of that. We played somewhat flat in the first half but woke up and dominated the second half. We are also bigger as stronger thanks to a much improved strength and conditioning program. 

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

If y’all had to rate this years Jacket team compared to last years team. What would you say?

Much better offensively this year for sure, they were one dimensional last season as the passing game was non existent against any good competition.  The passing game is very good this year providing much needed balance. The defense has played okay all year but has taken it up a notch the past few games with some personel changes. Special teams have been solid as well. I would say at this point they are better than they were last year imo.....