Clay Co @ Gordonsville

TheJungle

The main thing is we won, but I feel we left some points on the field. 

Credit to Clay...they were playing to win. They won't put you in awe with their size, but they'll play harder than anyone they play.

I haven't seen the stats, but I feel the stat line will show that as far as yards go, we were more dominant than the first game. However,  Clay took advantage of our miscues.

Either way, we will gladly welcome SP to Gville.

I've seen the film already, and it more than confirmed what I thought after the game...I've never seen refs "let them play" as much as tonight.

There was one holding call all game, and it was on Gville, and I don't believe I would've called it.

But, after seeing the film, there were a lot of calls missed, or purposely let go. Of course, I will say Clay was holding worse,  but it did look like our D-linemen were held regularly. 

There were some other calls missed as well, like ineligible receivers downfield.

I was proud to be a Bulldog last night: win, lose, or draw.  As a fan and alumni you are happy when your kids win but you’re proud of them when they play their guts out.  I thought Clay did that last night.  It was our best game of the year, players and coaches included.  We only had three seniors in action so the nucleus, and then some, is returning Lord willing.  Good luck to Gordonsville, I hope y’all take care of business and represent Region 4-A all the way to Cookeville.

Edited by Boarhog
  • Thanks 1