Clay Co @ Gordonsville

TheJungle

9 hours ago, croz6110 said:

He takes office January 20th. He did say he would enact a mask mandate; however, you are correct. It's ultimately up to the states. He did say he would attempt to work with states and cities that are hesitant to enforce a mask mandate. 

I was just pointing out that football season will be over and done by then. 

On 11/9/2020 at 8:38 PM, croz6110 said:

Everyone is assuming it's covid related, and it could be, but it may not be.

But, the administration at the school will be consistent and follow CDC guidelines. 

We have some players in quarantine now, including a starter. I went to practice today, and I didn't notice any other players missing. If any others needed to be quarantined, they would've been absent.

As far as I know, only one player has tested positive. He was a starter and missed 2 games, including Monterey. It wasn't covered up or looked over like jimmy is implying.

With all that said, I really don't think it's covid, because I fell that it would've come out by now. 

But, I could be wrong...

Contact tracing puts anyone anywhere near that kid out at least two weeks if you are following the CDC guidelines Croz so that is a huge deal! I believe Clay coasts by Gordy, only  to get demolished by Frame and them other SP boys just like Gordy would have! Monterey is about to get boat raced bad! That makes me feel optimistic for next year. If SP doesn’t win this year I don’t believe it will happen any time soon and ill be disappointed for those kids because they can play. 

5 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

Contact tracing puts anyone anywhere near that kid out at least two weeks if you are following the CDC guidelines Croz so that is a huge deal! I believe Clay coasts by Gordy, only  to get demolished by Frame and them other SP boys just like Gordy would have! Monterey is about to get boat raced bad! That makes me feel optimistic for next year. If SP doesn’t win this year I don’t believe it will happen any time soon and ill be disappointed for those kids because they can play. 

As far as I can tell, I haven't seen or heard anything as far as the big development that was mentioned.

The kid that tested positive is back now, and when he tested positive, we were fortunate with the timing. We were on fall break, and when one of his family members tested positive he was held out until he could test, so the only ones quarantined besides him was one kid who had been at their house.

As far as your assessment of the coming games, the only thing you got right is that the SP boys can play.

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

My point is if you had a positive on your team, you should have had to do a covid forfeit like all the other schools. 

gordy should destroy celina this week. 

Nope. According to the CDC, if someone tests positive and is asymptomatic, anyone who was in contact within the previous 48 hours will need to be quarantined. The positive player hadn't been with the team in 5 days when he tested positive. So, we avoided it.

Wouldn’t miss it.  I help with the broadcast these days.  Gonna be a fun one.  Hopefully our boys will be ready to play this time around.  I’ve had a bad taste in my mouth since 9-18-20.  It’ll definitely take a big effort to win at Turney Ford Field.  We’ve only won there twice (‘96 and ‘03) in the past 25 years.  This will be the 71st meeting overall and 3rd in the playoffs (1st Round ‘83 and ‘84).  You guys are 43-26-1 in the series.