Brighton @ Henry County Round 2

PatriotNation

6 hours ago, SEC1rules said:

Will HC be the away team next week if they win? How hard will tickets be to come by this week? 

correct. the HC/Brighton winner will travel to the Clarksville/NE winner. the winner of that quad would then host the semi. i believe all ticket info is at tssaasports.com under football

Correction..only Brighton would travel to Clarksville. Henry Co would host even though they are the top side of the bracket because of the same region rule

Edited by Bump11

29 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

correct. the HC/Brighton winner will travel to the Clarksville/NE winner. the winner of that quad would then host the semi. i believe all ticket info is at tssaasports.com under football

sORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG. IT IS CLEARLY EXPLAINED  AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TSSAA BRACKETS IN THE FINE PRINT. iF BRIGHTON WINS THEY MUST TRAVEL TO CLARKESVILLE.

GO BIG RED

8 minutes ago, olddevil said:

sORRY BUT YOU ARE WRONG. IT IS CLEARLY EXPLAINED  AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TSSAA BRACKETS IN THE FINE PRINT. iF BRIGHTON WINS THEY MUST TRAVEL TO CLARKESVILLE.

GO BIG RED

I thought if it came down to us and a clarksville game they would come here because we are #1 in the region. I was wrong that 1 time so its possible I'm wrong again.

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

I thought if it came down to us and a clarksville game they would come here because we are #1 in the region. I was wrong that 1 time so its possible I'm wrong again.

I believe you are correct. I just found this at the bottom of the bracket:

Notes:
All times are local time. In the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in even-numbered years the bottom team in each bracket shall be the host team. If two teams from the same region meet in the third round, the team seeded higher in the region standings shall host. 

link: https://tssaasports.com/event/bracket.cfm?id=20200105

5 hours ago, olddevil said:

GO BIG RED

uhmmm..english please. 

i am not wrong you should try reading my post before you respond. i very clearly stated that Brighton would travel to Clarksville or Northeast. whoever wins. if you read the post you would know that. You see that H...that stands for HOME. The TSSAA rules for home field states that In the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in even-numbered years (2020 is even) the bottom team in each bracket (Clarksville/Northeast winner) shall be the host team.

the ONLY way that changes, and this i did misspeak on, is if both teams are from the same region..in which the higher seed would host, meaning if Henry County wins they host because both bottom teams are also R7. So no Henry Co would not travel, but Brighton would..and i did say that. But that is the only way it changes. 

Edited by Bump11

3 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

uhmmm..english please. 

i am not wrong you should try reading my post before you respond. i very clearly stated that Brighton would travel to Clarksville or Northeast. whoever wins. if you read the post you would know that. You see that H...that stands for HOME. The TSSAA rules for home field states that In the first and second rounds the higher seeded team shall be the host school. In the third round and semifinals in even-numbered years (2020 is even) the bottom team in each bracket (Clarksville/Northeast winner) shall be the host team.

the ONLY way that changes, and this i did misspeak on, is if both teams are from the same region..in which the higher seed would host, meaning if Henry County wins they host because both bottom teams are also R7. But that is the only way it changes. 

Bottom line if Henry County beats Brighton then round 3 is at Patriot Stadium. If Brighton wins then yes they would go to play whoever wins the Clarksville game. Lol come on guys.

9 hours ago, PatriotsNation said:

Bottom line if Henry County beats Brighton then round 3 is at Patriot Stadium. If Brighton wins then yes they would go to play whoever wins the Clarksville game. Lol come on guys.

Yeah, of course Henry County would host.  Do we not remember 2013?  It's the Henry County Rule for crying out loud.

7 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

Who was the higher seeded team? I bet HC was but they had to travel so this is how the rule got changed.

Correct me if i am wrong:popcorneater:

Bingo!  Henry County went undefeated during the regular season, winning the region and thereafter quad 4, but had to travel to Clarksville Northeast who pulled off a couple of upsets winning quad 3.  Due to the Maryville Rule, Northeast hosted; but everyone realized how stupid it was to have an undefeated regional champ have to travel to play a team they had already defeated in the regular season.  Thus the Henry County Rule was introduced the next year I believe.