Round 2 - Moore county @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

8 hours ago, Jobres76 said:

Can't speak for Waverly, but this MC team has a much different passing attack than Wayne county or Lake County. I have seen Lake County in person the last three seasons and Wayne county in 18. Not even a close comparison. These coaches are from Knox Catholic or somewhere in Knoxville 5A arena and have brought a spread offense with RPO type stuff if I remember correctly. "Eye candy" all over. Should be a great game.

Would have to agree with this post. Its kinda like a old race car you have worked on for several years but put a new engine in and it starts clicking on all cylinders. Right now these guys are playing well and coaches are putting them in position to win. 

4 minutes ago, Oleskooly said:

Huntington Dline better keep their gaps tight. They don’t want Parker to get loose. And when you have to account for him then we can beat you with the rest of our athletes. MC o-line will be the key. Should be a good game. 

Agree and dont forget smitty. Im sure they will have a spy on parker but hard to spy on both. 

It’s great to see MC fans excited. Thanks for adding insight on the game. Huntingdon isn’t going to do anything extra special. Run it right at you and try to have more blockers than you have tacklers. The Defense gets after it and has made trouble for passing teams by being in their backfield all night. 

5 minutes ago, TheCovidQb said:

In my opinion Moore County doesn't stand a chance unless they have 2 or 3 big plays for touchdowns. I can't see them consistently driving the ball against Huntingdon, and I think Huntingdon's offense wears down the Moore County defense. Huntingdon by 3 touchdowns. 35-14

Moore Co has been hitting big plays for TDs all year. I get that Huntingdon is great and will probably run the ball well, but what will happen if Moore Co jumps out early and Huntingdon has to play catch up. I personally don’t think either team will win big. These are 2 of the top 5 single A teams in the state. The only way I can see MC getting beat like that is if they have a bunch of bad turnovers...which I don’t expect. 

20 minutes ago, TheCovidQb said:

In my opinion Moore County doesn't stand a chance unless they have 2 or 3 big plays for touchdowns. I can't see them consistently driving the ball against Huntingdon, and I think Huntingdon's offense wears down the Moore County defense. Huntingdon by 3 touchdowns. 35-14

We're used to stopping the run with slow running backs. Don't think yall are prepared to stop the spread with our athletes we will have all over the field. Gonna be another end to a season on the "magic" carpet. MC - 28, Huntingdon - 12

2 minutes ago, ThaCity said:

We're used to stopping the run with slow running backs. Don't think yall are prepared to stop the spread with our athletes we will have all over the field. Gonna be another end to a season on the "magic" carpet. MC - 28, Huntingdon - 12

Moore County may have more athletes, but one thing they don't have that Huntingdon does is "recent" TRADITION (and a state of the art turf field). Huntingdon plays in the big games year in and year out. Most of the Huntingdon players are used to the pressure of big games and I think that gives Huntingdon a huge advantage.  Take out a loan and put it on the Stangs.