Round 2 - Moore county @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I have a lot of respect for Cornersville. They were a tough bunch that never quit. But we completely dominated both lines of scrimmage and could have scored more points than we did against the corn dogs. Clock ran most of second half with our JV's seeing most of the action. How did you guys give up 21 points and just beat the dogs by 10?

I believe we had 5 or 6 turnovers. Very early game. Should not have been close but that's why we play the game

6 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

I believe we had 5 or 6 turnovers. Very early game. Should not have been close but that's why we play the game

We had 4 ourselves. It gives me a bit of hope if you guys gave up 5 or 6.

Maybe Cornersville is just that good at going after the ball and we don't have a bigger problem. 

5 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

After watching several hours of film im concern how we will handle that defensive line. Going to be a great game. And i agree with early posts. I see a high scoring game with neither team winning by two scores. 

Our D Line is the top strength of this team. 

I don't believe this game will be as high scoring as some think. Mostly because I believe Huntingdon's game plan will be to control the ball and keep the Moore offense off the field. Huntingdon can grind it out on the ground. If you can stop us from gaining 3 yards on a play, it's a win for your defense. Otherwise, huntingdon will slog it out down the field and burn clock. Every now and then if we catch someone not holding their gaps, we will bust a long run. 

If you bring all 11 players into the box, we can burn you with a pass over the top. Expect to see it if that safety starts trying to cheat up. 

On the other side, my understanding is that you guys have an elite passing offense. Defending the pass has been one of our weaknesses this year. It's how Collinwood scored on us. Perry Co hit a few on us as well. I feel like our corners get a little greedy at times and start looking in the backfield and lose their man. 

Our D-Line will get after it. If your O-Line is not really solid, there will be no running in the middle of the field, and your QB will be consistently on the run.. Early in the year it seemed teams had a lot of success running to one particular side of the field. Adjustments have been made, though, and we move D-Line and LB around so it won't be the same guy you run at every time. 

10 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I don't believe this game will be as high scoring as some think. Mostly because I believe Huntingdon's game plan will be to control the ball and keep the Moore offense off the field. Huntingdon can grind it out on the ground. If you can stop us from gaining 3 yards on a play, it's a win for your defense. Otherwise, huntingdon will slog it out down the field and burn clock. Every now and then if we catch someone not holding their gaps, we will bust a long run. 

If you bring all 11 players into the box, we can burn you with a pass over the top. Expect to see it if that safety starts trying to cheat up. 

On the other side, my understanding is that you guys have an elite passing offense. Defending the pass has been one of our weaknesses this year. It's how Collinwood scored on us. Perry Co hit a few on us as well. I feel like our corners get a little greedy at times and start looking in the backfield and lose their man. 

Our D-Line will get after it. If your O-Line is not really solid, there will be no running in the middle of the field, and your QB will be consistently on the run.. Early in the year it seemed teams had a lot of success running to one particular side of the field. Adjustments have been made, though, and we move D-Line and LB around so it won't be the same guy you run at every time. 

Cant wait for it. Love your guys facility. I promise this will be the best team we have brought there for you guys to face. 

1 hour ago, sportsnutz said:

Moore Co passing attack is elite. You have to get pressure without bringing the house. Parker is too good of a scrambler and keeps his eyes up field.

5 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Moore Co passing attack is elite. You have to get pressure without bringing the house. Parker is too good of a scrambler and keeps his eyes up field.

I’m sure Moore County is a good passing team. Them Mustangs have a lot of experience with ELITE passing teams. Wayne Co, Waverly 2017/2018, and Lake County. They will be ready and Moore Co doesn’t have anything they haven’t seen I promise. I would like to watch this game I’m sure it will be a good one. Lots of posters have spoke on how good Moore Co is so they must be legit.

To answer the question on Cornersville vs Moore County, Cornersville has lost several key players to injury for the season, and the players that played Huntingdon were pretty banged up I feel. Big differences between the two bulldogs teams. 

Moore county has found their stride in the back half of the season. They are a scary football team. I personally feel they should have won the region if not for trying something different in the first half against Fayetteville. 

Having seen the Mustangs last night, same old tough football team that lines up and forces you to stop what they do. If you can, it changes what they do, if you can't, you are in for a long night.

Moore county will make you pay for mistakes. This is a different team than years past. Much improved.

I would love to come watch this one, but 5AM clock in time on Saturday won't allow it. This could be a barn burner, or a single digit type game. Either way, it will be a good one.

38 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I’m sure Moore County is a good passing team. Them Mustangs have a lot of experience with ELITE passing teams. Wayne Co, Waverly 2017/2018, and Lake County. They will be ready and Moore Co doesn’t have anything they haven’t seen I promise. I would like to watch this game I’m sure it will be a good one. Lots of posters have spoke on how good Moore Co is so they must be legit.

Can't speak for Waverly, but this MC team has a much different passing attack than Wayne county or Lake County. I have seen Lake County in person the last three seasons and Wayne county in 18. Not even a close comparison. These coaches are from Knox Catholic or somewhere in Knoxville 5A arena and have brought a spread offense with RPO type stuff if I remember correctly. "Eye candy" all over. Should be a great game.