Round 2 - Moore county @ Huntingdon

MustangGuru

6 minutes ago, TheCovidQb said:

Moore County may have more athletes, but one thing they don't have that Huntingdon does is "recent" TRADITION (and a state of the art turf field). Huntingdon plays in the big games year in and year out. Most of the Huntingdon players are used to the pressure of big games and I think that gives Huntingdon a huge advantage.  Take out a loan and put it on the Stangs.

I think I have heard this somewhere before. I just can't put my finger on it. Oh that's right 2018. 

4 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

I think I have heard this somewhere before. I just can't put my finger on it. Oh that's right 2018. 

I've heard it every year on this site. Man, I need to find out where you do your banking @CovidQB. If they are giving out loans for the Mustangs to win pressured-playoff games in November then they must have a lot of money on standby.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThaCity said:

I've heard it every year on this site. Man, I need to find out where you do your banking @CovidQB. If they are giving out loans for the Mustangs to win pressured-playoff games in November then they must have a lot of money on standby.

Moore County would be ecstatic to have had the success Huntingdon has had in recent years. Any 1A team in Tennessee would. Most towns have celebrations for making to the 3rd and 4th round of playoffs, but when you have the tradition and expectations that Huntingdon does, it's state championship or bust. 

Edited by TheCovidQb
typo

34 minutes ago, ThaCity said:

We're used to stopping the run with slow running backs. Don't think yall are prepared to stop the spread with our athletes we will have all over the field. Gonna be another end to a season on the "magic" carpet. MC - 28, Huntingdon - 12

Those slow running backs rushed for over 400 yards against Cornersville. We may not have anyone with D1 speed but we're very quick team wise. We don't start no fat boys. Our defensive backs are playing pretty well right now. We have a safety and a corner over 6'1". Our DB's are good athletes. How big is Moore Co's offensive line. Mustang defensive line is big and active.

8 minutes ago, TheCovidQb said:

Moore County would be ecstatic to have had the success Huntingdon has had in recent years. Any 1A team in Tennessee would. Most towns have celebrations for making to the 3rd and 4th round of playoffs, but when you have the tradition and expectations that Huntingdon does, it's state championship or bust. 

Just hope our little guys can compete with the big boys. Agree with the tradition and believe me these guys know that. 

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Those slow running backs rushed for over 400 yards against Cornersville. We may not have anyone with D1 speed but we're very quick team wise. We don't start no fat boys. Our defensive backs are playing pretty well right now. We have a safety and a corner over 6'1". Our DB's are good athletes. How big is Moore Co's offensive line. Mustang defensive line is big and active.

Advantage goes to the stangs on oline. 

1 hour ago, TheCovidQb said:

In my opinion Moore County doesn't stand a chance unless they have 2 or 3 big plays for touchdowns. I can't see them consistently driving the ball against Huntingdon, and I think Huntingdon's offense wears down the Moore County defense. Huntingdon by 3 touchdowns. 35-14

No way Huntingdon wins by this much. I will be absolutely shocked if they do. 

1 minute ago, TheCovidQb said:

Moore County can definitely compete. Just saying I believe Huntingdon will be more relaxed and experienced. 

Would have to agree just note this is a different team and some of these guys have been to the big dance twice and got rings to prove it. Also our coach has been there as well. Believe me you guys have our respect. These seniors are well aware what usually happens on that carpet. Cant wait to compete

Just now, TheCovidQb said:

Moore County can definitely compete. Just saying I believe Huntingdon will be more relaxed and experienced. 

You can throw all that outta the window this year. From my understanding, you guys lost everyone from last year, so this year's team is in the same boat as ours. I like our chances with not only 1, but 2 of our Mr. Football finalists.

2 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Advantage goes to the stangs on oline. 

I don't know what to think about this match-up. I feel like Moore Co is going to have to put it in the air to win. Can the Mustang pass rush impact the Moore Co air game. Can Huntingdon control the ball to keep Moore Co's explosive offense on the sidelines.Lots of questions to be answered Friday night on the magic carpet.

6 minutes ago, Raider2021 said:

Would have to agree just note this is a different team and some of these guys have been to the big dance twice and got rings to prove it. Also our coach has been there as well. Believe me you guys have our respect. These seniors are well aware what usually happens on that carpet. Cant wait to compete

Going to be a great game. I believe Moore County can pull it out if this game is a shootout and Moore County has a lot of big plays. If not I'm taking Huntingdon. Can't wait to watch.

Edited by TheCovidQb