Playoffs - Round Two - Oak Ridge vs Rhea County

CardinalGrey

10 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I agree on the Wildcat. I always wanted us to run that more back when we had Tee, but we hardly ever did, even then. I remember him doing it once, maybe twice. We had #6 on a quick slant early on in the game and #14 threw it behind him or it probably would’ve been 6. He had nothing but green in front of him. #13 got behind their secondary numerous times, but we just couldn’t connect. Gotta make those plays against the West’s of the world, and other great teams like them. Oh well, hard to complain with a 23-0 shutout, but it wouldn’t be SS if I didn’t have something to complain about hah.

Lol yea Tee in Wildcat was too unstoppable to run it too much.Your right we missed some big plays tonight in pass game.On the pick he threw Heyward was behind the DB and he just under threw it.Earlier in game he beat his guy twice and 14 over threw it.To me it seems like 14 rushes his throws but in his defense he hasnt had best protection vs good teams. But I thought the Oline did good pass blocking tonight.Without 2 very important starters I give the line credit for hanging in there.Back to the wildcat look at Karns and how they will run the same play over and over.And even though you know its coming its just hard to stop when you have a great player.

Edited by STILLNUM1

8 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Great job on defense.  I wonder when the last time RC was shut out on Offense.  Too many dumb penalties.  Gotta clean that up.  Good road trip.  Good win.  Hats off to RC team and fans. Very Gracious. The refs were to be expected, Awful. lol

Did we shut them out last time we played them?Those refs...smh

7 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I agree on the Wildcat. I always wanted us to run that more back when we had Tee, but we hardly ever did, even then. I remember him doing it once, maybe twice. We had #6 on a quick slant early on in the game and #14 threw it behind him or it probably would’ve been 6. He had nothing but green in front of him. #13 got behind their secondary numerous times, but we just couldn’t connect for a TD. Gotta make those plays against the West’s of the world, and other great teams like them. Oh well, hard to complain with a 23-0 shutout, but it wouldn’t be SS if I didn’t have something to complain about hah.

The OR offense isn't good enough to beat West. The defense will have to win it. I'm not sure what it is but the offense just doesn't produce. 

Yeah and 11 penalties for 121 yards has to stop. Certain players need to shut their mouths and walkaway after the play. 2 and 6 both got unsportsmanlike penalties and you know it was from running their mouths. While I'm being negative how about penalties on 1st down, you can't keep starting with 1st and 15, 20 or 25 to go. And don't get me started on the Zebras!

But we WON so on to the West Rebels, and at least we don't have a FUBAR like up to Kingsport!!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just a thought....I know the boys on defense had to totally change a lot of what they've done all season to adjust to Rhea County's style of play.  It meant they didn't have a lot of practice to change whatever they changed.  Kudos to whichever coach made those adjustments, whether Gaddis or MInor (sp) and kudos to the boys for executing.  It worked great. 

2 minutes ago, bounder said:

Yeah and 11 penalties for 121 yards has to stop. Certain players need to shut their mouths and walkaway after the play. 2 and 6 both got unsportsmanlike penalties and you know it was from running their mouths. While I'm being negative how about penalties on 1st down, you can't keep starting with 1st and 15, 20 or 25 to go. And don't get me started on the Zebras!

But we WON so on to the West Rebels, and at least we don't have a FUBAR like up to Kingsport!!

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Agreed!  Lack of discipline and the associated penalties have to end. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bounder said:

WILDCAT PRIDE

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Worst officiated game I've seen in years. I'll bet both teams had over 100 yards in penalties. The officials should stay out of the way, and let them play. But I agree, if penalties on OR were for running their mouths, that must stop. 

Edited by bonkers

The game was a very hard hitting physical game, both teams playing aggressive, Rhea hit caught jumping off a lot and OR got a lot of holding calls. But the thing OR needs to cut out is the unsportsmanlike calls, those cost 15 yards and usually get tacked on to the end of a big play, they keep drives alive for the other team and kill drives for OR.  To beat West next week, OR needs to cut the penalties way down, play solid defense, which they do, and score touchdowns when opportunities exist like short fields and turnovers, and win the kicking game. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

The game was a very hard hitting physical game, both teams playing aggressive, Rhea hit caught jumping off a lot and OR got a lot of holding calls. But the thing OR needs to cut out is the unsportsmanlike calls, those cost 15 yards and usually get tacked on to the end of a big play, they keep drives alive for the other team and kill drives for OR.  To beat West next week, OR needs to cut the penalties way down, play solid defense, which they do, and score touchdowns when opportunities exist like short fields and turnovers, and win the kicking game. 

I definitely want to see a penalty free game vs West and OR can't win with 100 yards of penalties. That being said, I'll bet OR didn't have 40 yards in penalties last West game, so that's not the issue...it's line play...LINE PLAY!!! OR rushed for NEGATIVE YARDS against West and I'll bet you they didn't have 100 yards passing.