Playoffs - Round Two - Oak Ridge vs Rhea County

CardinalGrey

4 minutes ago, RCfan said:

Yeah, I was at that beatdown and remember it well.

That team was loaded with Bohanon, Gipson and Mcaddley and that was Gaddis’s first tenure with the Wildcats I think. 

Look at that crowd. People just aren’t into high school ball like they used to be. I know this year is an anomaly but it’s hard to get a crowd like that in a normal year these days. 

Yep, used to be a big deal.  Miss those days terribly.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, RCfan said:

Yeah, I was at that beatdown and remember it well.

That team was loaded with Bohanon, Gipson and Mcaddley and that was Gaddis’s first tenure with the Wildcats I think. 

Look at that crowd. People just aren’t into high school ball like they used to be. I know this year is an anomaly but it’s hard to get a crowd like that in a normal year these days. 

You’re correct on all accounts. When I was growing up, the hills at OR were full of people. The good ole days. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RCfan said:

Since SS posted one from the past I think I will to. I much prefer the outcome of this one as opposed to the 96 game ....

Haha, touché. That was a great game for the Eagles and well deserved. And probably the coldest I’ve ever been at a game. Whew.

Edited by SweetScience

Oak RIdge needs to come out strong and "up on the wheel" as they say in racing tonight, Rhea will pound the rock with that hybrid wing T and wait for you to cheat up and try to dump it over your head.  Oak Ridge needs to strike early and often, to get Rhea out of their game. like Marion County did. The winner probably gets a trip to West next week.

7 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Haha, touché. That was a great game for the Eagles and well deserved. And probably the coldest I’ve ever been at a game. Whew.

Was a cold game in which the Wildcats got way too far behind before realizing that Tee could get open any time he wanted, You can't get behind that far against a great running team, As with that year, a good West team probably awaits the winner.

3 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Was a cold game in which the Wildcats got way too far behind before realizing that Tee could get open any time he wanted, You can't get behind that far against a great running team, As with that year, a good West team probably awaits the winner.

Sadly, that seemed to be a recurring theme during Tee’s time @ OR. The QB play was very lackluster during his time here, and he still leads in the history books. Just imagine what he could’ve accomplished with a good signal caller?

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Sadly, that seemed to be a recurring theme during Tee’s time @ OR. The QB play was very lackluster during his time here, and he still leads in the history books. Just imagine what he could’ve accomplished with a good signal caller?

Used Tee as a decoy on the left side of a right handed linebacker turned qb.  Middleton at receiver, Ridiculous!  What if 5 was our signal caller?  We'd have a couple more trophies right now in my opinion. 

Edited by oridgecat

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Used Tee as a decoy on the left side of a right handed linebacker turned qb.  Middleton at receiver, Ridiculous!  What if 5 was our signal caller?  We'd have a couple more trophies right now in my opinion. 

Beyond ridiculous lol. And yeah, why not have your best player, BY FAR having the ball in his hands 100% of the time, no matter what? I always thought he would be @ QB at OR because he was in Middle School, but it wasn’t meant to be.