Playoffs - Round Two - Oak Ridge vs Rhea County

CardinalGrey

11 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The Oak Ridge Dline has one good player and no depth.The Oline will be down at least 2 starters.The Oak Ridge d is good but I dont think we have played an offense that runs anything like Rhea so who knows how they will do.This Oak Ridge offense is different from what most Oak Ridge offenses have been in the past.Unlike most years we dont score on the home run plays near as much.Seems to be longer drives and times like last week when we stall out and have to attempt FGs.Since K.Jackson has returned to his normal self the offense has been better.But the x factor that takes Oak Ridge up another level is when the QB Gibbons is playing good.If he is hitting Stewart and B.Heyward plus taking off and getting yards with his legs we look really good.Big ifs so anything could happen

If the Wildcats get out of their on way and apparently they have over the last several weeks, they can be very good.  They have more athletes top to bottom than any team we've played this year.  I'm a DB dad and told my son before we played them that the Wildcats could be very dangerous due to their athletes.  Our game was closer than it should have been, but if OR had been hitting on all cylinders they would have taken us to the woodshed.  OR 21 - Rhea 14.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

If the Wildcats get out of their on way and apparently they have over the last several weeks, they can be very good.  They have more athletes top to bottom than any team we've played this year.  I'm a DB dad and told my son before we played them that the Wildcats could be very dangerous due to their athletes.  Our game was closer than it should have been, but if OR had been hitting on all cylinders they would have taken us to the woodshed.  OR 21 - Rhea 14.

Thanks and I agree with you about all the athletes.We have a lot of skill guys that can change the game.But even firing on all cylinders we wouldnt take DB to woodshed.Yall was destroying us upfront and have a good team.Hope your score is right and good luck to DB

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Sorry....except for Alcoa.

3 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Thanks and I agree with you about all the athletes.We have a lot of skill guys that can change the game.But even firing on all cylinders we wouldnt take DB to woodshed.Yall was destroying us upfront and have a good team.Hope your score is right and good luck to DB

Thanks and best of luck to you and the Wildcats. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Did DB not play Alcoa? When I watched Alcoa on TV?   I thought they had almost as many athletes on the defensive line than we have on our team. 

9 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

Sorry....except for Alcoa.

I didn't see this before my post. We agree. I watch the line play in every game and the DB linemen were vastly superior to the OR linemen and that decided the game. The athletes you mention are of little value if you can't whip anyone up front. DB had the best linemen I've seen all year and West was next. 

Just now, Raider1234 said:

is your Indians gonna make play offs this year I know you guys I read got a new coach from SP i beleive.

We’re going to finish 3-7. We have two regular season games left, both will be loses. We still have a shot at the last playoff spot, depending on how a couple of other games go.