Meigs vs Hampton

Meeru

1 minute ago, Joker423 said:

I'm curious to see the MC without Swafford. That kid was a difference maker in the past years. How does this team compare?

Some Meigs people think we’re better this year than last. I am not one of those people but that’s not putting this team down. We’ve got 3 guys who can all run the ball effectively and the QB is a nice player. Meadows is the workhorse. WR #15 Huckabey is a fine player. Our linebackers are a big strength. 

3 minutes ago, Joker423 said:

I'm curious to see the MC without Swafford. That kid was a difference maker in the past years. How does this team compare?

He's missed as anyone his caliber would be. The players that stepped in and took over have exceeded all expectations. His duties have been split up great between #2 and #34. They are dangerous when they touch the ball.

3 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

Are you Fitzgerald’s voice on this platform? Seem like you get a briefing each week. Lol kidding...

No, I'm a nobody and I'm my own voice. I have talked to several coaches at Meigs about Hampton. Naturally, I can't reveal their names. They don't overlook ANY team in the playoffs, and they're approaching playing Hampton as if they're Peabody.

1 minute ago, ElGoat said:

Some Meigs people think we’re better this year than last. I am not one of those people but that’s not putting this team down. We’ve got 3 guys who can all run the ball effectively and the QB is a nice player. Meadows is the workhorse. WR #15 Huckabey is a fine player. Our linebackers are a big strength. 

I'm one who thinks we have an all around better team than last year. We have great athletes all over the field. #1, #32, and  #8 will pose major problems for the incoming team tonight.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joker423 said:

Having played them now with and without Swafford - it's two completely different teams. Swafford cannot be replaced but in my opinion they are a more dynamic football team this year. You cannot key on one player and stop them. 

• Like 1

Just now, piratetom said:

Having played them now with and without Swafford - it's two completely different teams. Swafford cannot be replaced but in my opinion they are a more dynamic football team this year. You cannot key on one player and stop them. 

Thank you sir, my thoughts exactly.:thumb:

4 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

No, I'm a nobody and I'm my own voice. I have talked to several coaches at Meigs about Hampton. Naturally, I can't reveal their names. They don't overlook ANY team in the playoffs, and they're approaching playing Hampton as if they're Peabody.

As I said, just kidding. I enjoy reading your posts. Keep them coming. 

Just now, piratetom said:

That's a good assessment. I think it will take a pretty solid team to score a lot on them or keep them from scoring.

6 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

This is just a genuine question so please don’t find this arrogant (as Pujo would say). Why would not open the playbook tonight? Why did you not open the playbook against SG? It could’ve been the difference in another home playoff game..

During the season, we maintain the "run it down their throat" mentality... Not a bad thing IMO. I do kinda like it, win or lose. Sometimes a loss will propel a team, just like it did last year when we lost to HV. In the SG game, we stopped ourselves most of the time. We weren't necessarily stopped if you get what I'm saying...So you can't open the playbook and get yourself out of that.