Haywood vs Dyersburg round 2

Kruger77

27 minutes ago, Dash said:

Tomcatfan you are absolutely correct. More worried about having a great regular season record than having the kids battle tested for a playoff run. So what if you take some losses during the regular season if the team is playing against real competition that’s making them better. Haywood is one of the flagship programs for doing that and I applaud them. I guess we Dburg fans are ok with winning 7 to 10 regular season games and getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs every year because that’s where we’ve been for a long time. # not a powerhouse football program. Just a fancy stadium and low expectations! This is coming from a DYERSBURG fan!!!

I respect this comment more than I can say. The coach at Haywood has had a play anyone, anytime mentality since his first day at Germantown and now at Haywood. Early losses against tough competition only make you better. While Haywood was playing Henry County, Covington and South Gibson and getting better, the Trojans and Stowe were getting a false sense of themselves by picking and choosing opponents and not being battle tested. Based on what I had seen, this game turned out exactly the way I thought. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 9:33 PM, Tomcatfan2011 said:

so I’m interested to see the stats for real 

5 - 12 carries, 64 yards
31 - 12 carries, 124 yards, 80-yard TD
4 - 2 carries, 6 yards
21 - 1 carry, 19 yards
3 - 1 carry, 3 yards
10 - 4 carries, 6 yards

Rushing: 222 yards

10 - 5/12, 165 yards, 42-yard TD

Passing: 165 yards

Total Offense: 387 yards

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

5 - 12 carries, 64 yards
31 - 12 carries, 124 yards, 80-yard TD
4 - 2 carries, 6 yards
21 - 1 carry, 19 yards
3 - 1 carry, 3 yards
10 - 4 carries, 6 yards

Rushing: 222 yards

10 - 5/12, 165 yards, 42-yard TD

Passing: 165 yards

Total Offense: 387 yards

Gotcha, it just didn’t seem that way from watching it played minus the two biggest runs 

31- had 44 yards on 11 carries

5- had roughly bout 30 yards on 11 carries if you take away his 30 yard scamper. 

defense did well! I didn’t like our pass coverage, which i kinda understand them thinking run bc Dyersburg runs the ball 80+ percent of the tjme

Edited by Tomcatfan2011