Haywood vs Dyersburg round 2

Kruger77

1 hour ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Haywood looked sharp in first half against SS, scoring all 57 of their points. The previous layoff didn't hurt. Haywood is healthy, with Atlex Evans almost back at full strength. I watched Dyersburg twice this year and their defense in like a sieve. I can see Haywood running away with this game if they can get a few stops.

I agree Haywood looked sharp against South Side and against Ripley too.  I'm glad to hear Atlex is almost back at full strength.  I hope your predictions about the game come true, and I also hope it will be a clean injury free game.

On 11/12/2020 at 4:04 PM, reddyrebel6 said:

Haywood looked sharp in first half against SS, scoring all 57 of their points. The previous layoff didn't hurt. Haywood is healthy, with Atlex Evans almost back at full strength. I watched Dyersburg twice this year and their defense in like a sieve. I can see Haywood running away with this game if they can get a few stops.

You called it Readyreb.  It wasn't that close.  The refs got flag happy in the 2nd half, but Haywood managed to persevere.  The Cats have still got some work to do on punt snaps and pass defense, but overall I think they looked pretty good.  I really like the fact that Haywood held Dyersburg's offense to 14 points.  How about the Cats stopping Dyersburg on 4th and goal at the 1 foot line then marching 99+ yards for a Haywood TD? 

It's hard to beat a good team twice, so HHS has to stay focused and win another one against Ripley.

3 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Haywood and Dyersburg played for the 90th time tonight.  With Dyersburg moving to 3A, will the Trojans play Haywood next year?  When we have been in different classes or regions in the past, they have refused to do so.

Dyersburg always picks an easy non region schedule 

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Congrats to my Haywood neighbors. The fact that my dad was a Haywood grad, along with several of my cousins, has always made me lean toward the Tomcats when not playing my Chargers.

Thanks for your support Chargerfan.  You know I have a lot of respect and support for Covington.  I was really disappointed when I heard the Chargers had to forfeit tonight's game.  i really hate that the players, coaches, and all of Charger Nation had to have their season end this way.