Smith County looking for a new Head Coach

kingofthenorth

12 minutes ago, fritos4dayss said:

If Dyer gets it, I think it would be good for Smith Co.  Hope he's allowed to run it his way.  From the little I know about him he has seemed like a good guy. I might need some clarification here but didn't his dad coach in smith co. too back in the day or maybe Macon?

Yes.... his dad coached at SC and head coach at MC.  Matt played under Maynord and Maynord's staff at SC, He coached at MC and TC, He's played for and been around good programs and coaches his whole life. I don't think anyone can question his knowledge about football and he has seen what it takes to be a good program and coach. I would think part of the deal for him coming to SC was he will run it his way,

54 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Good hire for Smith County, give him time and support him, he’s a good one! 

Yep... just like we do with every alumni. I won’t beat a dead horse any more though. Let’s just be realistic with our expectations and truly support him in building a program (it’s going to take more than two or three years). Barry/Glover, I hope we can put our differences aside and support this staff in the ways they need to be supported and make decisions based on what they’re doing, not what parents and bleacher coaches think. :bored:

I think we can all agree we’re not where we want to be, now let’s get on the same page and get behind our coach to get where it can be. 

Good luck coach!

• Upvote 1

And NOW...

The moment you’ve all been waiting for...

The Final Word from the Dirty Bird. 

Dear Barry and Glover, you both know nothing about football and it’s people like you who have made this once proud program the laughing stock of the area. Please stop. 

Barry, maybe if you would let people who know what they’re doing actually be in charge of something, our athletic teams and entire school system would be a little better. Consistently micromanaging is a sign of either weakness or incompetence... perhaps both.  This isn’t Trousdale and your name isn’t Satterfield. 

Glover, boy I could go on for days with you... but let’s focus on issues at hand. Shouldn’t you be focusing on the people out cooking meth, or drug court, or something you may know something about. Just quit being Barry’s little lap dog and pretending you know something about football. I know... I know... here you come again with the tough guy comments. Just go away. 

Smith County football fans et al.... judging by some of the comments on what it takes to win I’m assuming most of you posting here never have and if you happened to be on a team that did, it wasn’t because of you. It’s apparent that you have also never coached anything successfully, otherwise you would understand the way things are being done is not how you do them. I don’t want to hear about you were part of this, or that, or “the glory days”; it’s obvious you didn’t contribute but now that you’re grown you want to be heard. The staff will be fine and the program will be fine, but you fans... you fans are a piece of work. Ignorant, unrealistic, and stuck in the past. The football program and your marriages would probably be better off if you guys would just stay home with your wives on Friday nights. I’m glad I moved away and don’t have to deal with you people anymore. With that, I will slip away once again and watch from the shadows (yeah Glover...silently. It’s that guy you have to worry about) and shake my head in silence. 

Dirty Bird Out!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtyBird18 said:

Barry, maybe if you would let people who know what they’re doing actually be in charge of something, our athletic teams and entire school system would be a little better.

Isn’t Gordonsville part of Smith County? Are they under a different director? If it’s always “Barry’s” fault shouldn’t Gordonsville have the same problems? I don’t know “Barry” from a hole in the ground, just seems odd to me. 

3 hours ago, DirtyBird18 said:

And NOW...

The moment you’ve all been waiting for...

The Final Word from the Dirty Bird. 

Dear Barry and Glover, you both know nothing about football and it’s people like you who have made this once proud program the laughing stock of the area. Please stop. 

Barry, maybe if you would let people who know what they’re doing actually be in charge of something, our athletic teams and entire school system would be a little better. Consistently micromanaging is a sign of either weakness or incompetence... perhaps both.  This isn’t Trousdale and your name isn’t Satterfield. 

Glover, boy I could go on for days with you... but let’s focus on issues at hand. Shouldn’t you be focusing on the people out cooking meth, or drug court, or something you may know something about. Just quit being Barry’s little lap dog and pretending you know something about football. I know... I know... here you come again with the tough guy comments. Just go away. 

618Ors7XwPL.jpg

Glover Out!!!