Coaching Changes

TheBigLebowski99

5 minutes ago, 5AfballFan said:

Grace Christian job now open. Would be a good job for an new or young head coach. They had a good run this year.

There's one.  

Talk of this has been going around since mid season. Apparently just too many differences between Rusty and the Czars at GCA. 

Rusty is a great football coach, but i wouldn't look for him to take a public school job. He's a private school coach for several reasons. 

Edited by HTV

14 minutes ago, HTV said:

There's one.  

Talk of this has been going around since mid season. Apparently just too many differences between Rusty and the Czars at GCA. 

Rusty is a great football coach, but i wouldn't look for him to take a public school job. He's a private school coach for several reasons. 

Justin Jones?  That would shake up Knoxville recruiting. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Justin Jones?  That would shake up Knoxville recruiting. 

Do you mean Josh?  

Don't know of any relationship there.  

I don't look for GCA to spend much money to hire a coach.  A financial commitment apparently isn't in the plans of the new powers that be, again from word that is out there. They won't find any better for that job than they had in Rusty. 

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

Do you mean Josh?  

I don't look for GCA to spend much money to hire a coach.  A financial commitment apparently isn't in the plans of the new powers that be, again from word that is out there. They won't find any better for that job than they had in Rusty. 

Correct Josh

5 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

How are things over there chsbc?? I’m sure folks are waiting to see how the season unfolds but I have heard rumblings. 

I can’t say much, but I can put it like this. It’s TOTALLY different. Some people like it, some don’t. Just happy our kids have responded and fought back from adversity from a couple of bad losses. The players are what come first and their futures. Their success on and off the field is all I care ab.

14 hours ago, HTV said:

Do you mean Josh?  

I used to watch and set around families that had kids come through Maryville over the years and once the last one got through they never came back. I could never understand that because they seemed to be the biggest fans on the planet until I went through the same thing with my nephew that attended GCA. I watched online for the next two years as the names that played as his teammates slowly trickled out until I didn't know the new names. My roots weren't there and I couldn't wait to get back to Maryville where I belonged. Even though I enjoyed all the new people I met there I knew inside from being involved with a winning program like Maryville that GCA was on a collision course of failure of doing the same ole things and expecting different results. I myself was excited Bradley took that job considering all the hoop-wa that happened with him and the coach from Florida that pulled out for what reasons I never really understood. i really don't even know who runs the place anymore but your 100% right that they won't find any better coach than who they had. The sad thing I see in the private schools is who is willing to buy a championship rather than earn it.

Edited by BarneySox2007

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I used to watch and set around families that had kids come through Maryville over the years and once the last one got through they never came back. I could never understand that because they seemed to be the biggest fans on the planet until I went through the same thing with my nephew that attended GCA. I watched online for the next two years as the names that played as his teammates slowly trickled out until I didn't know the new names. My roots weren't there and I couldn't wait to get back to Maryville where I belonged. Even though I enjoyed all the new people I met there I knew inside from being involved with a winning program like Maryville that GCA was on a collision course of failure of doing the same ole things and expecting different results. I myself was excited Bradley took that job considering all the hoop-wa that happened with him and the coach from Florida that pulled out for what reasons I never really understood. i really don't even know who runs the place anymore but your 100% right that they won't find any better coach than who they had. The sad thing I see in the private schools is who is willing to buy a championship rather than earn it.

Barney's newest word of the day................Hoop-wa.   Bring back word of the day Barn.  Those were hilarious.  

GCA stepped in it with this move.  No good coach would take that job after this.  But apparently being good at football is not a priority at Grace.  Hate it for the kids.  They lost an excellent coach. 

• Upvote 1