3rd round: Oz at Coalfield

rtl112

8 minutes ago, rlh said:

You guys are lucky, they pulled the plug on several entire teams last night over a single trace.

I think that’s an individual schools decision. Rockwood had 11 out and played. OS played without 5 we played without 6 earlier this year. I honestly think some teams use it as an out.

15 minutes ago, crow said:

I think that’s an individual schools decision. Rockwood had 11 out and played. OS played without 5 we played without 6 earlier this year. I honestly think some teams use it as an out.

I'm not so sure.  Some stuff is hitting the fan over a couple of games.

13 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

The saying goes....it’s always tough to beat a team twice but I see Coalfield sticking to what they do best. I believe the score will resemble our game last night. Coalfield by a TD

Nobody has stopped our run game all year so far. I'd say we stick with run game.  Earlier in the year we were throwing the ball a little and playing out the shotgun but since the halfway point of the year we've been primarily running out of the T.  No knock on our Qb, he is a good Qb and ballplayer all around.  

On 11/14/2020 at 1:23 PM, Gbnation said:

I think coalfield will pull out another win. Home field will help. 
Does the kid from OS get to play this week?

No, he shouldn't get to play since OS made it the third round last year. From what I've seen (vs GB) Coalfield's offensive set makes it hard to follow the ball and therefore hard to stop. I'm giving the edge in this game to CF. Should be as good of a game as the regular season match up.

1 hour ago, VFL41 said:

No, he shouldn't get to play since OS made it the third round last year. From what I've seen (vs GB) Coalfield's offensive set makes it hard to follow the ball and therefore hard to stop. I'm giving the edge in this game to CF. Should be as good of a game as the regular season match up.

If coalfield plays it the way they did against Greenback Friday night they'll beat Oliver Springs by 21. I say it will be extremely hard to match the intensity of that game Friday night but I still say coalfield by at least 14!

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

If coalfield plays it the way they did against Greenback Friday night they'll beat Oliver Springs by 21. I say it will be extremely hard to match the intensity of that game Friday night but I still say coalfield by at least 14!

I'd say that is probably the best we've played all season against you all.  I just hope we can keep on rolling this friday.   Oliver Springs will be ready for a little revenge.