3rd Round, Nolensville @ Tullahoma

TTownFan50

43 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

Your coach said in an interview earlier this season that the road trip for the Semi's this year makes it much tougher to get to the championship game.  No, it was not the reason that Elizabethton won, but it IS a factor, as you will see next Friday night.

We have to beat the Devils before we worry about next Friday night.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

What do you expect a coach to say???  Kind of like saying the team your playing that week is much better than their 3-7 record.  It’s coach’s speak.  

Coach speak or not.  If you believe that putting a group of 14-18 year olds on buses, Driving them for 5 hours, the day after Thanksgiving, are not going to be at somewhat of a disadvantage vs. kids who are home you are either naive, or never played the game.  I am not saying Elizabethton will lose because of it, not at all, I am saying it makes the game tougher....of course.

25 minutes ago, TheOldestKnight said:

Coach speak or not.  If you believe that putting a group of 14-18 year olds on buses, Driving them for 5 hours, the day after Thanksgiving, are not going to be at somewhat of a disadvantage vs. kids who are home you are either naive, or never played the game.  I am not saying Elizabethton will lose because of it, not at all, I am saying it makes the game tougher....of course.

It doesn’t help that’s for sure.

3 hours ago, TheOldestKnight said:

Maybe 8-10 players per 100 boys, but not per 100 students.  

From what I can tell they have just over 90.  That means they have 1 player out of every 13 kids which is right at 8 for every 100 and 16 for that 200 more than Tullahoma.  I would say that makes a big difference.  

Also it would be interesting to see were the numbers rank for the state champions in each class.  I would guess there are very few if any that have numbers in the lower half of their classifications.

Edited by BooWhoWiseMan

5 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

From what I can tell they have just over 90.  That means they have 1 player out of every 13 kids which is right at 8 for every 100 and 16 for that 200 more than Tullahoma.  I would say that makes a big difference.  

Also it would be interesting to see we're the numbers rank for the state champions in each class.  I would guess there are very few if any that have numbers in the lower half of their classifications.

Under the current classification format Elizabethton is a 3a school.  That changes next year however.

Looking at the 4 remaining teams on this side of the bracket, the enrollment numbers, the rosters from TSSAA, and using a 51% male to 49% female ratio these are the numbers I come up with. 

Greeneville has 1 out of every 7 males that play football

Elizabethton 1 out of 6

Tullahoma 1 out of 9

Nolensville 1 out of 8

These are the numbers that matter. If I had to guess, I would say the Alcoa and Maryville have similar or better ratios than Elizabethton. Tullahoma is the 2nd largest 4A team in this bracket and has the 2nd smallest football team. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 11/18/2020 at 3:58 PM, TheOldestKnight said:

Your coach said in an interview earlier this season that the road trip for the Semi's this year makes it much tougher to get to the championship game.  No, it was not the reason that Elizabethton won, but it IS a factor, as you will see next Friday night.

Maybe that's what separates a championship team and a 3rd or 4th place team. At this level game day should be business as usual. If you're lost in the atmosphere of where you're at then you weren't ready. 

• Like 2