Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

I’m not sure what went on, but West still had a chance to stop us, blown call or not, and couldn’t. I’m not gonna act like I knew what all went down in a big pile of players being 300 feet from the field. Sucks if they got shafted but our guys still deserve a ton of credit. We came to the #1 team in the states house and showed out. West got 66 yards (I think) all night on the ground. Yeah, we deserve a ton of credit. #THERIDGE

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 2

If the Zebras had of called a penalty on the pulling off of our centers helmet there would not have been a bad snap and no issues with the call either way. But it was a heck of a game played by both teams! Congratulations to both teams for a game well played. That's why us old guys still go out in the cold to see these young men play the game!

• Upvote 1

OR laid it all on the line tonight, man. Blood, sweat, and tears. They expended every bit of energy they had and left it all on that field tonight. Honestly, near the end there, OR just looked like they wanted it more. That 1 play near the end where #22 had that guy on his back and carried him about 5 yards, was the definition of it. What a game plan by the staff to go 5 wide. We knew we wouldn’t have much success running the ball up the middle, so we just flung it all over the field, while still making them respect the run by putting Jackson in motion a lot. I also liked it because it gave him the chance to get a full head of steam before he received the ball when he ran it, and that makes a difference. Pretty sure our coaches watched film on the Powell/West game because I’m pretty sure they had the same game plan earlier in the year against West, and had quite a bit of success with it.

The D was outstanding. I don’t think I’ve seen an OR team improve throughout the year as much as this one has in a while. Awesome job by everyone. Oh yeah, and Mitchell played LIGHTS OUT. He made the perfect reads when he tucked it and ran, and threw some beauties tonight. He’s deceptively fast back there. There’s a reason he’s the All Time leading passer in terms of yardage @ OR. What a gamer he was this evening.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

OR laid it all on the line tonight, man. Blood, sweat, and tears. They expended every bit of energy they had and left it all on that field tonight. Honestly, near the end there, OR just looked like they wanted it more. That 1 play near the end where #22 had that guy on his back and carried him about 5 yards, was the definition of it. What a game plan by the staff to go 5 wide. We knew we wouldn’t have much success running the ball up the middle, so we just flung it all over the field, while still making them respect the run by putting Jackson in motion a lot. I also liked it because it gave him the chance to get a full head of steam before he received the ball when he ran it, and that makes a difference. Pretty sure our coaches watched film on the Powell/West game because I’m pretty sure they had the same game plan earlier in the year against West, and had quite a bit of success with it.

The D was outstanding. I don’t think I’ve seen an OR team improve throughout the year as much as this one has in a while. Awesome job by everyone.

As an outsider, I saw the potential your team had. Called them sleepers all year long because of it. Glad to see you guys put it all together when it mattered most.

Hopefully those guys can refocus for SD. That game is Gonna be a tough one for me to call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

As an outsider, I saw the potential your team had. Called them sleepers all year long because of it. Glad to see you guys put it all together when it mattered most.

Hopefully those guys can refocus for SD. That game is Gonna be a tough one for me to call.

Me too, bud. They’re playing really really good right now. We don’t have a lot of time to enjoy this one. Time to refocus tomorrow.