Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Oak Ridge vs West

CardinalGrey

13 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Oak Ridge was playing a lot better but Ive felt like we went right back to the same level we was vs West.Running game has took a step back in the 2 playoff games.Our defense could be a little better but we are having to use our best Dlineman on Oline some and Im worried we are gonna wear him out.2nd half offense vs Rhea Co was a lot better so maybe they found something.Getting Jackson going vs good defense would be huge

I don't think it's going to hurt JA to play both ways.  Also, the other DE position is split between 2 players, who can easily both play the entire game if need be.  Personally I think the D-line is doing a great job, and that includes all of them.

Edited by ORcats

Sounds like that OR Defense is firing on all cylinders. Sounds like West was shooting themselves in the foot on ST last Friday. Slight edge to OR! Been improving weekly since that first loss to the Rebels. Beat a  dang good MJ team who everybody says has a great and stingy defense. West is not that good defensively for sure! 

oak Ridge is your 2020 State Champions!

Actually back around week 4 or 5 I stated that I would love to see Oak Ridge turn it around and become a juggernaut again and that it looked they were maybe a few cylinders or a year away. As of right now, this weeks game between them and West may be for the Gold Ball. No teams are playing better than Oak Ridge or West. Oak Ridge imo can make this a 4 qtr game, West is proven but Oak Ridge has a lot to prove. The first game was pretty tight and I feel like both teams have drastically changed and improved since then. 

Edited by Thund3rStruck
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ORcats said:

I don't think it's going to hurt JA to play both ways.  Also, the other DE position is split between 2 players, who can easily both play the entire game if need be.  Personally I think the D-line is doing a great job, and that includes all of them.

I hope your right about J.Adams.He has been really good and I wouldnt bet against him.The other DEs are not on his level but 28 has improved a lot.And I dont know how Rowe is even playing with his injury.I think he wouldve had a big yr if not for that.Our DTs are a little undersized and the backups seem to be starters off the Oline.But I will agree with you that the Dline has been good.They just dont live in backfield like great Dlines do.Our line is kinda like our defense in that they dont overwhelm you but get the job done most of time

2 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Sounds like that OR Defense is firing on all cylinders. Sounds like West was shooting themselves in the foot on ST last Friday. Slight edge to OR! Been improving weekly since that first loss to the Rebels. Beat a  dang good MJ team who everybody says has a great and stingy defense. West is not that good defensively for sure! 

Lol your crazy.MTJ wish they had a defense like West.The betting line is West -17.5

4 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

:roll: Stop being ridiculous. It’s not even funny anymore.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Thund3rStruck said:

Actually back around week 4 or 5 I stated that I would love to see Oak Ridge turn it around and become a juggernaut again and that it looked they were maybe a few cylinders or a year away. As of right now, this weeks game between them and West may be for the Gold Ball. No teams are playing better than Oak Ridge or West. Oak Ridge imo can make this a 4 qtr game, West is proven but Oak Ridge has a lot to prove. The first game was pretty tight and I feel like both teams have drastically changed and improved since then. 

#Lot2pr0ve

11 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Find a thread for clowns...West has the best defense OR has seen all year.