USJ @ DCA

Bellsburg2

1 hour ago, Kublah said:

Dominant performance by USJ's O line in the second half. #13 is a special back for DCA, and they put up a ton of fight. Just too much size up front for the Bruins. Now onto the big Bears...

Is #1 going to be able to go with the cast on his hand?  It will be 3 weeks might be able to go with a soft one. 

Much to the shock and awe of the coachT members, the radio broadcast team, and the general public, the USJ Bruins were able to field a full 11 man football team tonight. Listening to the broadcast on my way in, I began to wonder if we would even have the courage to take the field. A very well balanced offensive attack transformed to ground and pound in the second half with the Bruin hogs leaning on the Wildcats in the trenches and wearing them down. Mayo for USJ had his best game of the season with good burst on the ground and a couple of nice catches out of the backfield as well. #13 was every bit as good as advertised, taking one to the house on the first play from scrimmage, but eventually USJ figured a way to corral him.

The DCA program has come a long way in the last few years and will only continue to improve. I look forward to future battles. I know you guys have had a brutal 2020, but the campus is on the mend and the overall football facility was great. LED lights were very nice (although I wasn't a fan of the flashing, mostly because it meant we gave up a TD) and the playing surface was amazing for late November. 

Now 13 days to prepare for one enemy (DA) and avoid the other (COVID). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, smoke14 said:

He forgot to sign in to his alter ego 

I don’t have an alter ego. Lol I did it as a joke. Good fried. 

USJ was just too deep in the line for DCA. The better team won the game. DCA had one talented, very large lineman out but USJ still would have been much deeper in both lines.

Beat of luck to USJ.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:51 PM, Bellsburg2 said:

Game day is nearly here. Time for a walk down memory lane. I don't know if there are any DCA lifers on here, but as a young lad I was a ball boy for my HS team when we played against DCA in 1989. To this day, I have never seen a man run the ball angrier than Scooter Edwards. He didn't try to run by you, he wanted to run you over and step on your face. I played against Jeremy Lyon (another DCA legend) in every sport and he was fantastic, but he was no Scooter. Edwards won back to back Mr. Football awards and led DCA to 2 title games, bringing home one gold ball. Any idea where he went after HS?

Lyons was a freak athlete. Scooter was extremely strong, quick and fast enough. He played nose guard on defense and just destroyed plays from there. He was also a 400 lb bench and 600 lb squat guy at 185 lbs. He’s easily the strongest pound for pound player ever at DCA. 

Scooter was at the game last night. Scooter is a personal driver for folks and has some high profile clients from what I understand.  I don’t know if he’s still preaching. His son Harrison will be a freshman next year but I’m not sure where he’s going to school? 

Lyons was a better overall athlete and faster than Scooter but Scooter just hated to be tackled. Those two guys along with  Jaden Walker are my top 3 alums at RB with each being different than the others. 

1 hour ago, Playerscoach said:

Lyons was a freak athlete. Scooter was extremely strong, quick and fast enough. He played nose guard on defense and just destroyed plays from there. He was also a 400 lb bench and 600 lb squat guy at 185 lbs. He’s easily the strongest pound for pound player ever at DCA. 

Scooter was at the game last night. Scooter is a personal driver for folks and has some high profile clients from what I understand.  I don’t know if he’s still preaching. His son Harrison will be a freshman next year but I’m not sure where he’s going to school? 

Lyons was a better overall athlete and faster than Scooter but Scooter just hated to be tackled. Those two guys along with  Jaden Walker are my top 3 alums at RB with each being different than the others. 

Wooden was pretty dang good also.

• Like 1