Is webbs time up in rockwood

Footballfan2020

On 11/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, SpreadWingT said:

Discussing the wrong program in RoCo that needs a change. Harriman is who you need to talk about.  Last few years talent has been wasted. Coach has lost control of the team and players are allowed to run the zoo. Don’t get me wrong, he is a great man, you won’t find a better one. But it’s time for a change. 

I agree with this 100%. How in the world Tapp still has job blows my mind

16 hours ago, SpreadWingT said:

Not really sure. Why he is or the administration is letting this program suffer?

Webb has always put a quality football team on the field and a team that plays all 4 quarters, don't see why his time would be up for a coach that does that year in year out, just my opinion, lot of coaches cant say that they do that.

15 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

Webb has always put a quality football team on the field and a team that plays all 4 quarters, don't see why his time would be up for a coach that does that year in year out, just my opinion, lot of coaches cant say that they do that.

Webb is fine,just an upset parent airing his frustrations on the interweb.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Webb is fine,just an upset parent airing his frustrations on the interweb.

Yup, when you decide your 1st post is to call for one of the most respected coaches in the states job then little Johnny probably didn’t get enough snaps to please mommy and daddy. That or one of the rockwood faithful created a new account just to test the waters and see what others think. 

On 11/19/2020 at 2:43 PM, crow said:

Yup, when you decide your 1st post is to call for one of the most respected coaches in the states job then little Johnny probably didn’t get enough snaps to please mommy and daddy. That or one of the rockwood faithful created a new account just to test the waters and see what others think. 

They got out voted and won't be any need for a recall. lol

9 hours ago, pujo said:

They got out voted and won't be any need for a recall. lol

If anybody is gonna call into question the job of a man like Coach Webb I’d imagine it’d be a good idea to have your ducks in a row. Webb is a lot like TL. They’re both good football coaches but they’re both excellent men. Unfortunately nowadays we tend to get the priority switched when deciding who’s gonna get the opportunity to influence our young men. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:23 PM, Footballfan2020 said:

Rockwood was a team with a lot of talent, you have 1,2, 15, that could easily be a mr football finalists this year.  different school or different offense. If you got to see 20 run any he was pretty tough but didn't see much action. 

Plus a number of other players that are talented but didnt see much action or limited opportunities. unless it was a must. 

Is it time for something new or someone new all together?

No. 

John Webb has been the HC at Rockwood since 96. He is a RHS grad (was a very good player) and was an assistant at RHS. I do not know John well, but when I think RHS football over the past 30 years, I think John Webb.

RHS has been to the playoffs 12 straight years and almost always meets or exceeds expectations for the team/talent we have. There’s never been rule /TSSAA problems with John. 

Outside of a 5 year run in the 70s and the 91/92 seasons, most of RHS’s best years have been under Webb. 

Even with a different HC and offensive scheme, how much further would you expect them to advance with this year’s talent? That group of players is not getting through S. Greene and Meigs County no matter who is coaching.  

Rockwood will not change coaches nor should they. Webb can name his retirement date.

• Upvote 1