Dobbuns Bent-It att 825

STARSNBARS

3 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

My Indians put up nearly 300 yards of total offense on that stout Alcoa defense but just couldn’t capitalize in the red zone. If we have any chance in this game that has to change. 

Also we don’t have a kicker that has range outside of an extra point so that doesn’t help. 

I actually think we could make it a game "IF" we had even an average secondary. And "IF" we did (which we don't) in a close game you need a good kicker. We don't have a good kicker. We have a pretty good defensive front and linebackers but we haven't faced a team like Maryville yet. Our offense is good but play calling has been hot and cold the past three games. Maryville most likely has the best defense in the state at the high school level. All the stars would have to align for us to muster 14 points on offense. We're not going to attempt a field goal. If our defense can shut down the run we're still screwed because Maryville will just start lobbing passes down field to a guaranteed wide open receiver and that will be that. It's still good that we made it this far considering everything. Anytime you play Maryville win or lose it helps you because of what you learn. 

16 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I actually think we could make it a game "IF" we had even an average secondary. And "IF" we did (which we don't) in a close game you need a good kicker. We don't have a good kicker. We have a pretty good defensive front and linebackers but we haven't faced a team like Maryville yet. Our offense is good but play calling has been hot and cold the past three games. Maryville most likely has the best defense in the state at the high school level. All the stars would have to align for us to muster 14 points on offense. We're not going to attempt a field goal. If our defense can shut down the run we're still screwed because Maryville will just start lobbing passes down field to a guaranteed wide open receiver and that will be that. It's still good that we made it this far considering everything. Anytime you play Maryville win or lose it helps you because of what you learn. 

Maryville hasn’t missed the semi finals since 1999. How do you stop a train that’s been moving for 21 years? How do you put yourself in a position to win these kind of games? Well first you have to have a great team but before that you have to start earning their respect. Last year we did not earn that. We have a chance to change that Friday night. No one in the state is going to pick us to win, but we don’t have to win this game for it to be a step in the right direction for our program. Friday can either create excitement for the future of Dobyns Bennett football or you can get beat 45-10 again. This is a big game for the direction of the Joey Christian era. 

Edited by Tribefan98

11 minutes ago, Tribefan98 said:

Maryville hasn’t missed the semi finals since 1999. How do you stop a train that’s been moving for 21 years? How do you put yourself in a position to win these kind of games? Well first you have to have a great team but before that you have to start earning their respect. Last year we did not earn that. We have a chance to change that Friday night. No one in the state is going to pick us to win, but we don’t have to win this game for it to be a step in the right direction for our program. Friday can either create excitement for the future of Dobyns Bennett football or you can get beat 45-10 again. This is a big game for the direction of the Joey Christian era. 

Personally I'm not going to put that kind of pressure on Joey Christian. I don't think DB has "the complete team" it would take this year to make a statement. Really good in some areas and really bad in others. But if we could end up within a couple touchdowns at the end it would help with the excitement and direction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Personally I'm not going to put that kind of pressure on Joey Christian. I don't think DB has "the complete team" it would take this year to make a statement. Really good in some areas and really bad in others. But if we could end up within a couple touchdowns at the end it would help with the excitement and direction.

Does the Band travel?

13 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Really great areas: 

DL , LB , RB , OL , 

Good areas: 

QB, WR 

Really bad areas: 

Secondary, K 

Edited by Tribefan98