Milan vs Pearl Cohn 3A semi-final

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Just now, ManOfMillions said:

I know that Covid played a big part in their schedule this year...... BUT, I really felt like this was going to be a problem for them. They have only played blowout games with the exception of a couple. 

That’s why I picked Milan, and the coaching. Milan has great coaches to go along with a good athletes. Idk how the state will go, but I think Milan can match up and play for them. I hadn’t seen Alcoa but it’s no secret they are a beast like every year. Diffee will have a good game plan, but it’ll all come down to the padding strapped and who wants it

Pearl Cohn was the most undisciplined team I have ever seen play in high school! It cost them tonight! PC went up 13-0 and after penalty after penalty on themselves! False start after false start and yes it was on them, not the refs just calling it. They actually was jumping early! I am not biased but the refs called a great game! Milan then went on to score 27 unanswered points off of PC’s mistakes all night! Milan Bulldogs moves on to face Alcoa! 

Congrats to Milan! I hear people talking about our coaches and players being undisciplined having watched us at all. Now them false starts are our fault, center was snapping the ball late I'll give y'all that. But them personal fouls was BS. Refs were going player to player during warmups checking for any little thing. #22 was 8 yards off the ball jamming #7 and ref just looking didn't say nothing. But every time we our WR block it personal foul. This game was about to be running clock until ref interfered. These refs gave us a personal foul during timeout I've never seen that before in my life. Everyone on here knows me and know I'll accept when PC loses fair and square I never complain about refs. But tonight these refs should never call another high school game. This is no knock on Milan whatsoever they did what any team should do in that situation. Best of luck to Bulldog's next week!!

8 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

You haven't seen us play to make this statement. You don't make it to Cookeville 2 outta 5 years playing as you say!

Well them 2 outta 5 years did y’all no justice tonight! Your past is the past sir! We speaking about tonight! I seen a undisciplined team! Then to top it off y’all had numerous of fights in your locker room after the game! I was front row! And I am the world worst on the refs & let’s just say tonight they was non factors in the game’s outcome! Y’all had a good season tho 

1 minute ago, Goldenpride said:

Milan did what they had to do no doubt. On the refs and checking for stuff, my son played on the 2007 team that went to Goodpasture in the semis, and he told me during warmups the refs checked for every little thing. First play of the game our Mr. football finalists scores on a long TD run and they threw laundry after the play and then we threw a bomb for about 30 yards and another flag, story goes the first was on a kid on the backside receiver for a false start and the second was on a number we didn’t have dressed lol. I didn’t go to the game abs no way am taking this from Milan they deserved every bit, but some refs play the authority role sometimes and I’ve seen them make good games turn ugly real quick.... and that’s in a lot of games I’ve witnessed not just Peabody’s 

Refs was crazy. No doubt Milan did what they were supposed too. I've never complained about refs until tonight. That game was ridiculous, refs totally changed that game back in Milan favor. 

9 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Congrats to Milan! I hear people talking about our coaches and players being undisciplined having watched us at all. Now them false starts are our fault, center was snapping the ball late I'll give y'all that. But them personal fouls was BS. Refs were going player to player during warmups checking for any little thing. #22 was 8 yards off the ball jamming #7 and ref just looking didn't say nothing. But every time we our WR block it personal foul. This game was about to be running clock until ref interfered. These refs gave us a personal foul during timeout I've never seen that before in my life. Everyone on here knows me and know I'll accept when PC loses fair and square I never complain about refs. But tonight these refs should never call another high school game. This is no knock on Milan whatsoever they did what any team should do in that situation. Best of luck to Bulldog's next week!!

I agree with much of this. The gazillion illegal procedure calls were correct and mind-boggling all at the same time. The only way I could make sense of it was I assumed there was some change of cadence, game plan, or personnel. The Milan crowd was loud and the band was often ill-timed, so that probably compounded the situation. The refs hanging out in the PC huddle and calling a penalty in the timeout was very strange. Most of the personal fouls had some validity, but the same ref on the PC sideline seemed to make every call, and it was always 50 yards from the play. Some of the later ones were understandably frustation type penalties.

16 minutes ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

The personal foul was because your players would not get in the designated timeout area. Granted its rarely called during regular season the ref literally walked over and motioned for them to get inside the area. They did the same to Milan but the difference was Milan got the point early while PC players had to be bigger than the refs and the rules. 2 other timeouts they almost got flagged again. The refs motioned again to get inside area and coaches had to physically grab players and pull them in. Entitlement and undisciplined.  Blame refs if you want but if you are going to act that way expect the consequences 

1 minute ago, Bellsburg2 said:

I agree with much of this. The gazillion illegal procedure calls were correct and mind-boggling all at the same time. The only way I could make sense of it was I assumed there was some change of cadence, game plan, or personnel. The Milan crowd was loud and the band was often ill-timed, so that probably compounded the situation. The refs hanging out in the PC huddle and calling a penalty in the timeout was very strange. Most of the personal fouls had some validity, but the same ref on the PC sideline seemed to make every call, and it was always 50 yards from the play. Some of the later ones were understandably frustation type penalties.

Refs changed the entire game back in Milan favor. I hate even having this conversation feels like it takes away from Milan. Crazy stuff but good luck to Milan and purp yall boys keep grinding.

1 minute ago, mhsbd89 said:

The personal foul was because your players would not get in the designated timeout area. Granted its rarely called during regular season the ref literally walked over and motioned for them to get inside the area. They did the same to Milan but the difference was Milan got the point early while PC players had to be bigger than the refs and the rules. 2 other timeouts they almost got flagged again. The refs motioned again to get inside area and coaches had to physically grab players and pull them in. Entitlement and undisciplined.  Blame refs if you want but if you are going to act that way expect the consequences 

Man stop it refs was in our huddle to point coaches couldn't even talk to players.