Playoffs - Semifinals - Oak Ridge vs South - Doyle

CardinalGrey

13 minutes ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

In a previous post SweetScience asks question.In your opinion what makes us the favorite?I answered the question.I can't help it if you dont like truthful anwers.

That question was posed to guthook, not you, ya ding-bat. It looks like that Clinton education sold you short on proper grammar & punctuation.

Edited by SweetScience

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

You play who you’re scheduled to play, period. What do you want us to do, pull out of the game and tell South Doyle we’re sorry for having more students at our school than you do, so I hope y’all can beat Henry County or Summitt in the championship!! Yay!!?? We were a 5A school playing against 6A competition in the playoffs back when Blade was @ OR, but we sucked it up and played anyway. Do you think y’all can win 2 next year-serious question?

Clinton wouldnt have got that 1 whole win this yr if not for the Oak Ridge transfers.Thats why they are begging kids off the jv now to come play for them next yr.They ask one Clinton player his favorite moment of year and he really said the Oak Ridge game.They was so proud not to get mercy ruled and thought 36-0 was a close game.Imagine if Oak Ridge lost to Clinton 36-0

24 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Clinton wouldnt have got that 1 whole win this yr if not for the Oak Ridge transfers.Thats why they are begging kids off the jv now to come play for them next yr.They ask one Clinton player his favorite moment of year and he really said the Oak Ridge game.They was so proud not to get mercy ruled and thought 36-0 was a close game.Imagine if Oak Ridge lost to Clinton 36-0

Please, for the sake of 92Dragon (a really good Clinton poster who I do like) tell me you’re joking. Opie is one of the biggest haters on this message board. OR lives rent free in his head 24/7.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

The win over West was a great win, great effort on both sides of the ball by the Wildcats, I thought the Rebels came out slow and that hurt them, Now, Oak Ridge has to come down from the West high, and get ready for a very good South-Doyle team, who just got a big win at Central.  A Clark Duncan coached team can never be taken lightly. 

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Please, for the sake of 92Dragon (a really good Clinton poster who I do like) tell me you’re joking. Opie is one of the biggest haters on this message board. OR lives rent free in his head 24/7.

No I wish I was.They ask like 4 of them and 2 of them said Oak Ridge game was their favorite moment of the yr.

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

The win over West was a great win, great effort on both sides of the ball by the Wildcats, I thought the Rebels came out slow and that hurt them, Now, Oak Ridge has to come down from the West high, and get ready for a very good South-Doyle team, who just got a big win at Central.  A Clark Duncan coached team can never be taken lightly. 

Yea I worry about trying to match that level of play in back to back weeks.Can Oak Ridge pull off 2 upsets in a row? I wonder what offense will they run.Clark Duncan is a good coach and a great man and his kids play hard for him.From what I hear South Doyle has a running back that will put up big yards Friday.Hopefully Oak Ridge can hang around and at least have a shot late in game to pull something off.Will Gibbons come close to the game he had Friday? 

6 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Yea I worry about trying to match that level of play in back to back weeks.Can Oak Ridge pull off 2 upsets in a row? I wonder what offense will they run.Clark Duncan is a good coach and a great man and his kids play hard for him.From what I hear South Doyle has a running back that will put up big yards Friday.Hopefully Oak Ridge can hang around and at least have a shot late in game to pull something off.Will Gibbons come close to the game he had Friday? 

Playing two games like that back to back will be a challenge but that's what it's going to take if they want to play for a state championship. Good question about the OR offense and I'm sure the SD coaches are wondering the same thing. I love what OR did last week and they weren't so predictable for a change. Usually I can call the plays myself and if I can, you would think the other team can too. 

Edited by bonkers
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I wonder what offense will they run.

Good question. They hit a couple of big plays early against Central, but after that, they really struggled to get anything going offensively. Their defense kept them in the game, and they grinded it out with Terry in the wildcat for most of the 4th quarter. They've got a really good placekicker, so I think Clark would be perfectly happy to win a 9-7 type of game.

• Like 1