8AA

Indian

6 minutes ago, Dexter10 said:

Not completely surprised La got beat but am surprised how much they trailed the whole game lost by 12

I was really surprised that York and Sequatchie was that close at the half. And still surprised about the margin of victory. But a win is a win.

Edited by Dadof2

19 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I was really surprised that York and Sequatchie was that close at the half. And still surprised about the margin of victory. But a win is a win.

Sequatchie played a lot better the second half of the year, won 8 of last 10 going into tonight, one a 2 point loss to Signal Mt. They had a complete shutdown for 3 weeks before getting to play again and didn’t look bad most nights after a rough restart. It would have been nice to have a senior post in the line-up tonight, she had 19 points and 5 threes in the district semifinal but got quarantined, had to miss the district final vs Cumberland then tonight. Sequatchie was more athletic than York, was able to get to the basket tonight and the foul line, especially in the first half, but wore down with only 6 playing until the last minute or two. That’s been a problem for several years but I expect more roster stability in future seasons.  York will certainly be the favorite in the new district next year but Sequatchie should be competitive. 

7 minutes ago, Indian said:

Sequatchie played a lot better the second half of the year, won 8 of last 10 going into tonight, one a 2 point loss to Signal Mt. They had a complete shutdown for 3 weeks before getting to play again and didn’t look bad most nights after a rough restart. It would have been nice to have a senior post in the line-up tonight, she had 19 points and 5 threes in the district semifinal but got quarantined, had to miss the district final vs Cumberland then tonight. Sequatchie was more athletic than York, was able to get to the basket tonight and the foul line, especially in the first half, but wore down with only 6 playing until the last minute or two. That’s been a problem for several years but I expect more roster stability in future seasons.  York will certainly be the favorite in the new district next year but Sequatchie should be competitive. 

Signal Mt is not very good, they lost tonight to Polk Co. but I will take your word on the rest.

9 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Signal Mt is not very good, they lost tonight to Polk Co. but I will take your word on the rest.

They do what they can with what they have. It would be difficult for any team when four that played on the school’s middle school feeder are now starters on a successful team elsewhere, another was a starter last year as a freshman in Chattanooga, and another is focusing on another sport in Chattanooga but would have supplied post depth eventually, an all conference middle school player. As mentioned I look for the roster to be more consistent in coming seasons with the coach, moved up this year from the middle school now on the bench, and I look for Sequatchie to be competitive with the other teams in the new district. 

17 minutes ago, Indian said:

They do what they can with what they have. It would be difficult for any team when four that played on the school’s middle school feeder are now starters on a successful team elsewhere, another was a starter last year as a freshman in Chattanooga, and another is focusing on another sport in Chattanooga but would have supplied post depth eventually, an all conference middle school player. As mentioned I look for the roster to be more consistent in coming seasons with the coach, moved up this year from the middle school now on the bench, and I look for Sequatchie to be competitive with the other teams in the new district. 

The numbers can be tough sometimes in small county schools. I think we all go through that time to time. Especially in girls sports.

The middle school did very well in the summer-not official of course but the only comparison-against a lot of midstate, Nashville area,  Crossvile, Upper Cumberland and Cleveland area schools at camps, when current high school players were there. Win margins were usually high. I think current 11th and 12th graders were something like 40-2 one summer. It still would have been a challenge to get past teams like Upperman and Macon but It’s too bad that opportunity didn’t come about for various reasons. 

Edited by Indian

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Can Cumberland County beat Macon this year?

I believe it’s going to have to take a great night all round from Cumberland and MC play bad. Cumberland had already gotten beaten twice by York and once by Livingston. I think it’ll be a good game, but I think MC will pull away unless our shooting is off. MC has a goal and it’s determined to get back to Murfreesboro. 

25 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I believe it’s going to have to take a great night all round from Cumberland and MC play bad. Cumberland had already gotten beaten twice by York and once by Livingston. I think it’ll be a good game, but I think MC will pull away unless our shooting is off. MC has a goal and it’s determined to get back to Murfreesboro. 

I think MC wins as well. After what happened with the district 6AA teams last night. I think it will be Upperman, Macon, Meigs and M Central battling it out in substate.