8AA

Indian

Now the real season starts ladies and gentlemen! Looking forward to many upsets and a champion to be crowned. Hoping MC’s win on Thursday night puts us back on track and start packing our bags for a long postseason. I’m sniffing another year of two teams coming from 8 AA going back to Murfreesboro. MC hopes of possibly making their fifth consecutive tournament...this time without Carter.

Edited by MCFAN3

9 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

Now the real season starts ladies and gentlemen! Looking forward to many upsets and a champion to be crowned. Hoping MC’s win on Thursday night puts us back on track and start packing our bags for a long postseason. I’m sniffing another year of two teams coming from 8 AA going back to Murfreesboro. MC hopes of possibly making their fifth consecutive tournament...this time without Carter.

More than likely one 8AA team will have to go though Meigs this year. I think Upperman and Meigs advance.

12 minutes ago, Bob38 said:

No way meigs county can hang. They don't have a signature win. Plus there district is really weak. But i was impressed with hanging within 10 against Bradley Co. Other than that not very impressive.

They’ve lost 4 games 2 games to Bradley they lead both games at the half. Lost to Bearden probably the best team in the state. And Maryville. Upperman is better but Meigs is really close. Meigs will be favored at home over any team that comes from 8AA except Upperman, and that game would be a dogfight just like both games last year.

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

They’ve lost 4 games 2 games to Bradley they lead both games at the half. Lost to Bearden probably the best team in the state. And Maryville. Upperman is better but Meigs is really close. Meigs will be favored at home over any team that comes from 8AA except Upperman, and that game would be a dogfight just like both games last year.

Im struggling with this post. uPPERMAN   beat the brakes off Bradley and macon has beat upperman then La has beat macon and york has beat macon. Im not sure you will be favored not saying you can't win but you'll see what im talking about if any of the teams I said comes.

Edited by bigstick12

51 minutes ago, bigstick12 said:

Im struggling with this post. uPPERMAN   beat the brakes off Bradley and macon has beat upperman then La has beat macon and york has beat macon. Im not sure you will be favored not saying you can't win but you'll see what im talking about if any of the teams I said comes.

Someone said Meigs couldn’t hang and if they believe that then they could be in for a big surprise. And yes Upperman beat a Bradley team that was replacing some players without much practice because of Coved, not saying they couldn’t do it again. The only other common opponent is Kingston. York won 60-21 and Meigs won 72-25 not that it really means anything. Meigs missed several games earlier this year do to coved but they are playing really good ball right now. They start 5 seniors and all 5 have signed to play at the next level, and you can ask any Upperman fan how good is Meigs, because they know it took three over times last year for Upperman to beat Meigs twice.    Look I know that 8AA is a good district but if it works out like it should, and I said IF, then any team coming to Meigs will have to play a really good game to leave there with a win.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Someone said Meigs couldn’t hang and if they believe that then they could be in for a big surprise. And yes Upperman beat a Bradley team that was replacing some players without much practice because of Coved, not saying they couldn’t do it again. The only other common opponent is Kingston. York won 60-21 and Meigs won 72-25 not that it really means anything. Meigs missed several games earlier this year do to coved but they are playing really good ball right now. They start 5 seniors and all 5 have signed to play at the next level, and you can ask any Upperman fan how good is Meigs, because they know it took three over times last year for Upperman to beat Meigs twice.    Look I know that 8AA is a good district but if it works out like it should, and I said IF, then any team coming to Meigs will have to play a really good game to leave there with a win.

Not saying their not good and not saying they wont win but im am saying beating any of the top four in 8aa will be tuff for any team. And the first stat I looked at was upperman thumping Bradley and meigs not even much more in the ball game with them in two trys and sometimes stats don't mean a thing a little time and we shall see.

Edited by bigstick12

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2021 at 10:06 AM, Dadof2 said:

I'm going to agree with you now after doing a little research. Who ever comes to meigs it will be a good game and could go either way.

57 minutes ago, bigstick12 said:

I'm going to agree with you now after doing a little research. Who ever comes to meigs it will be a good game and could go either way.

8AA will send a quality team no matter who it is, but Meigs still has work to do. They will more than likely have to beat McMinn Central two more times or Signal Mountain, to host substate. It looks like 8AA district tournament will be delayed for a few days with more bad weather coming tomorrow night. Do you think teams will have to play games closer together? 

45 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

8AA will send a quality team no matter who it is, but Meigs still has work to do. They will more than likely have to beat McMinn Central two more times or Signal Mountain, to host substate. It looks like 8AA district tournament will be delayed for a few days with more bad weather coming tomorrow night. Do you think teams will have to play games closer together? 

I think that's a great idea but they have other thoughts and no telling how it will be worked