South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

5 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Fayetteville good game, great win shocked me and alot of people in this game. South Pittsburg be humble that y’all made it there. Trophy ceremonies should be ashamed pirates total disrespect leaving the trophy on the field. Jmo 

I didnt see that.If they did,well I will keep that to myself.Regardless what happens respect the game and the folks who provided the venue.YOU had your chance be proud to be there.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, harley04 said:

People said Whitwell was act of God maybe it was, was this. A lot of pressure on SP coaches . Your the best we have by a mile. But W is better. 

Whitwell had seniors who refused to lose. They matched up well with Greenback. Them beating Cornersville wasn’t an upset. Fayetteville beating Pitt is one of the biggest upsets 1A has seen. Remember this was the class on here that Pirate fans claimed would win not one but multiple titles. They had a great career, not many can say they had 1 state, 2 semi and a quarterfinal berth. They lost to the state champs 3/4 years. 

2 minutes ago, TN225 said:

Whitwell had seniors who refused to lose. They matched up well with Greenback. Them beating Cornersville wasn’t an upset. Fayetteville beating Pitt is one of the biggest upsets 1A has seen. Remember this was the class on here that Pirate fans claimed would win not one but multiple titles. They had a great career, not many can say they had 1 state, 2 semi and a quarterfinal berth. They lost to the state champs 3/4 years. 

And they added an SEC caliber lineman, another huge lineman, and two of the best athletes in Chattanooga. Biggest state title upset, any class, in recent history. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Indian said:

And they added an SEC caliber lineman, another huge lineman, and two of the best athletes in Chattanooga. Biggest state title upset, any class, in recent history. 

Oh I agree.Like I said earlier Fayetteville was a whole different animal than what i saw on paper.What Grider and company got in the off season was to guarantee not to lose in the Semis again to GB but he hit another bump in the road with another coaching staff with equal talent and AGAIN better coaching.BUT he did get another ball (well at least I hope he sent Roy and his goat to go get it off that Tucker mans field) to put in the case and only 2 teams can say that!

I will be curious to hear what #7s mom has to say to them??That boy should have got a shot in the 3rd or 4th to get some breathing room.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Oh I agree.Like I said earlier Fayetteville was a whole different animal than what i saw on paper.What Grider and company got in the off season was to guarantee not to lose in the Semis again to GB but he hit another bump in the road with another coaching staff with equal talent and AGAIN better coaching.BUT he did get another ball (well at least I hope he sent Roy and his goat to go get it off that Tucker mans field) to put in the case and only 2 teams can say that!

I will be curious to hear what #7s mom has to say to them??That boy should have got a shot in the 3rd or 4th to get some breathing room.

Oh to be a fly on the wall of the prestigious Pirate Fan page on Facebook this morning 

39 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I had seen every sp game on film. On film they looked liked they would win easily. I saw Fayetteville in person when we played them at the beginning of the year and they were a good looking team. Good size and some quickness to go with it but I thought sp would wear them down. MC dominated the line of scrimmage against them on both sides and just had a couple quicker kids. They have gotten a lot better over the course of the season but a lot of that yesterday was hearing all year that the pirates were winning a gold ball no matter what. They played with a chip on their shoulder almost the whole game. 

It would surprise me if #7 and #28 we there next year. 

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TN225 said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall of the prestigious Pirate Fan page on Facebook this morning 

I've seen some screenshots from FB. I don't do FB. It's not good trust me lol. Some fans really voicing their displeasure in the current coaching and someone posted a pic of Chris Jones, who was rumored to have been talked to about taking over next season. A lot of things have changed over the past couple months. I hear that Vic is gonna hang around at least 1 or 2 more years. 

5 minutes ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Did Pitt seriously not go out to get the silver ball?

That's the rumor. Brentwood Academy did that to us when we beat them for the AA title in 92. We were a 4 TD underdog to a team ranked in the top 10 in the nation. They should have mercy ruled us but sometimes kids hear all that mess and just decide nope not today. We're here and taking it to them. That's exactly what Fayetteville did. They were the aggressor and pretty much shell shocked the pirates.