South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

14 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

That's the rumor. Brentwood Academy did that to us when we beat them for the AA title in 92. We were a 4 TD underdog to a team ranked in the top 10 in the nation. They should have mercy ruled us but sometimes kids hear all that mess and just decide nope not today. We're here and taking it to them. That's exactly what Fayetteville did. They were the aggressor and pretty much shell shocked the pirates.

Channel 12 from Chattanooga posted they left the the trophy on the ground. Has a video of a transfer from Jasper picking it up and carrying it 

17 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

That's the rumor. Brentwood Academy did that to us when we beat them for the AA title in 92. We were a 4 TD underdog to a team ranked in the top 10 in the nation. They should have mercy ruled us but sometimes kids hear all that mess and just decide nope not today. We're here and taking it to them. That's exactly what Fayetteville did. They were the aggressor and pretty much shell shocked the pirates.

I was at the 92 game. I guess if your not first you’re last down in South Pitt. South Pittsburg Fightin’ Ricky Bobbies. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler

I watched Fayetteville City play Richland and the team I watched play Richland I would have never thought in a million years they would win the state championship this year.Congrats to Fayetteville City what you did was truly legendary and remarkable and will be talked about for years.Especially after what Huntland did to you all last year. 

14 hours ago, croz6110 said:

I, for one, will admit that I was dreadfully wrong.

We played both teams, and I was convinced SP would have a cakewalk. I still think SP had the better athletes, but SP got outcoached in a bad way. City's players were regularly in the position to make plays.

Also, it shows what happens when one team wants it more than the other, no matter the talent disparity.

You played them when they had 4 studs ejected. 

It is sad, there are so many grownups on this site that set terrible examples for our kids today bashing coaches & kids.  The Pirates lost to a very good Fayetteville squad who did what they had to do to win. My brother lived in the Fayetteville area and we talked about the great opportunity for this program to prosper quickly. This success will bring even more continued success for the program. Regards to all. Regardless of the lies written in these prior pages, the Pirates proudly took their Runner Up trophy. In fact it was loaded onto the ATV that hauled my grandson Jared Stone after he ended his career on crutches facing surgery and equipment back to the buses. Now to address my local neighbors up the road that regularly misrepresent honesty & good sportsmanship.  The Pirates will proudly put the trophy in their trophy case for all you jealous neighbors to view regularly. Life is too short to waste so much time regularly responding to people that usually have little integrity, knowledge or plain jealous of the accomplishments of another group of young men. That said, this football fan would like to give a huge shout out to the Fayetteville Tigers for winning their 1st State Championship. I was lucky enough to be on SP's 1st State Championship way back in 1969. As my teammates number diminish it increasingly becomes more important what is truly most important. Congratulations to the seniors for the Pirates for displaying leadership throughout your high school careers, while most can only wish for such success. Thanks for the memories, the Pirate program is strong and start the 2021 season off with expectations of returning to the state championship, as they do annually. Happy Holidays 

Edited by Batman
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm a grown man and congratulations to Fayetteville on the championship. You wanted it more and sure out coached us. Just hard at SP all these years to see all the athletes that have come through and no more State championships. I'll just keep my opinions to myself. Everybody knows what has happened.  Don't want to take away from Fayetteville on there great team victory. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Batman said:

It is sad, there are so many grownups on this site that set terrible examples for our kids today bashing coaches & kids.  The Pirates lost to a very good Fayetteville squad who did what they had to do to win. My brother lived in the Fayetteville area and we talked about the great opportunity for this program to prosper quickly. This success will bring even more continued success for the program. Regards to all. Regardless of the lies written in these prior pages, the Pirates proudly took their Runner Up trophy. In fact it was loaded onto the ATV that hauled my grandson Jared Stone after he ended his career on crutches facing surgery and equipment back to the buses. Now to address my local neighbors up the road that regularly misrepresent honesty & good sportsmanship.  The Pirates will proudly put the trophy in their trophy case for all you jealous neighbors to view regularly. Life is too short to waste so much time regularly responding to people that usually have little knowledge or jealous of the accomplishments of another group of young men. That said, this football fan would like to give a huge shout out to the Fayetteville Tigers for winning their 1st State Championship. I was lucky enough to be on SP 1st State Championship way back in 1969. As my teammates number diminish it increasingly becomes more important what is truly most important. Congratulations to the seniors for the Pirates for displaying leadership throughout your high school careers, while most can only wish for such success. Thanks for the memories, the Pirate program is strong and start the 2021 season off with expectations of returning to the state championship, as they do annually. Happy Holidays 

I said earlier - I hate that Jared's career as a Pirate ended as it did. He is a fine young man and will do well in life. Will be praying for good results from surgery.